New car opinions

Hi, not been on here for ages probably because my car has run trouble free and Iv not needed advice for anything.

my 2.0 Diesel Octavia Scout 07 has been amazingly reliable and for that reason I'm looking for another, Im thinking a 16 plate Octavia Scout possibly a DSG.

But do I stay with diesel with all the negativity of late? 

Opinions appreciated, cheers Dave

Depends where you live, park, drive etc, mileage and many factors.

If Diesel is not an issue for your circumstances now will it be any time soon, Low Emission Zones, Extra Parking charges etc?

If like for like suits your needs maybe best stick with what you know.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Offski said:

Depends where you live, park, drive etc, mileage and many factors.

If Diesel is not an issue for your circumstances now will it be any time soon, Low Emission Zones, Extra Parking charges etc?

If like for like suits your needs maybe best stick with what you know.

Thanks I dont do excessive mileage as Im now retired my thinking is based purely on the fact that I like the Scout so much.

Parking, charges etc dont even come into it, but Im seeing Diesel sales falling fast and all the negativity surrounding it is making question things.

Maybe Im over thinking it?

Tax for diesels is surely going to go up and up to force people into petrol's.

If you're planning on keeping the car long term get a petrol and enjoy the non agricultural feel! (I am very very biased towards petrol though:D)

• Thanks 1

Apart from taxes (and not only..) petrols are much cleaner engines and is a hassle-free from debris and dirts gathering inside the compartments and parts.

Especially now your annual mileage has dropped, it sounds more suitable for you maybe..

?

Problems is, are current petrol engines really that cleaner than some current diesels with SCR (ad-blue)?

VW Group having to fit the petrols with Gasoline Particulate Filters now because actually the emissions were not that low.

Why there are VW petrol engines being discontinued.

Edited by Offski

Are you talking for Euro 6 and over about specs?

Difficult to differentiate, but it is heard more and more that diesel engines production will be ended in more and more auto companies.

Biggest example is Toyota...

Well it didnt take long I saw what I was looking for, a nice 16 plate in Black Magic, Diesel again, the chances of finding a petrol are pretty remote.

Can I advertise my old car on here or are there some special conditions? the p/x offer was diabolical.

Iv seen something referring to "Freedom" members whatever that is?

Octavia Black Magic.jpg

Edited by Greenie58

Hi Greenie,

I found a 2011 petrol scout last month and snapped it up (40k miles)

There are currently 5 petrol scouts on Autotrader.

You will pay more for the petrol, but my personal opinion is that it is worth it.

You will also see a better re-sale value when you come to offload it.

I would not own a diesel car. I'm amazed that you can still purchase new diesels.

All the best,

Dan

1 hour ago, dansidi said:

Hi Greenie,

I found a 2011 petrol scout last month and snapped it up (40k miles)

There are currently 5 petrol scouts on Autotrader.

You will pay more for the petrol, but my personal opinion is that it is worth it.

You will also see a better re-sale value when you come to offload it.

I would not own a diesel car. I'm amazed that you can still purchase new diesels.

All the best,

Dan

Hi Dan I appreciate the input, none of the petrol Scouts on Autotrader fit what I'm looking for which is a  a 16 plate in Black or Silver, theres a white one but Im not overstruck on that colour.