Engine warning light

hi friends am driving a skoda octavia 2008 model india. once it got drowned in water, her sliencer filled with water and engine turned off . as per the service felow advice i left the engine idle for an hour and the restarted it . for few days it was normal then i got the engine light glow while turning towards left side . i informed the service man near by showroow he scanned and said its egr problem and replaced it ... but again i find the same fault for which i again went to the service centre . this time they checked everthing and said all are fine but reason not found and now i get a small whistle sound along with engine sound and my car pick up drops once i reach 120 km/hour and runs like a snail with a black smoke on and off . again the scanning reveals egr problem . on the same day i got checked with egr is fine and they checked with the wireing too. kindly help me with this as i got exhausted trying many things.

I chased an EGR fault for months and it ended up being the vacuum control solenoid.  I changed it for a second hand unit and not had the warning light back for approx a year now.  The EGR fault I had was insufficient flow.

1 hour ago, andy-fisher said:

I chased an EGR fault for months and it ended up being the vacuum control solenoid.  I changed it for a second hand unit and not had the warning light back for approx a year now.  The EGR fault I had was insufficient flow.

Could easily be this as the vacuum control solenoids are mounted low down in the engine bay and could easily have been damaged when flooded. As well as EGR there are solenoids to operate Turbo Variable vanes and anti shudder valve.

Did the water get to the turbo? - the variable vanes could have seized up .