Voice Enhancer

Good Day

Anyone had any issues with the Voice Enhancer?  I think it is quite good as I can hear people complaining about my driving in the rear seats but a couple of front passengers have mentioned that their voices seemed to echo.  I tried turning it up, down and off but it appears to make no difference.

I think the voice enhancer is so rear passengers can hear the front driver/passenger and not the other way round.

Because the sound travels first to the roof mounted mike then from the rear speakers leak back to the front, the few mS delay heard by front passengers will always be there and that is a problem for many people. Its a gimmick, I turned it off because it annoyed me and also added an very annoying reverb to the radio.

Untick the box in the sound menu under voice enhancer.

Edited by xman
  • Like 2

Like xman says it replays the conversation in the front to the rear.

It's better if the front seat passengers talk forwards rather than to each other 

Or if you switch it off and shout a bit

3 hours ago, dg360 said:

I use it exclusively to apply a scary robot effect when shouting at the kids in the back.  That's about it.

That's about the sum use of it here too :)

Yep turned off in our Superb also... mainly as theres never anyone in our rear seats, but also because it was weird when we tried it out

• 4 years later...