Occy alarm test.

A while ago When sitting in the car I got the hazard lights to come on. Thought it might be the alarm but there was no sound.

So

Any ideas on how to test the alarm system?

Short of smashing a window.

48 minutes ago, Hough1981 said:

To test mine i just unlocked car by using the actual key and not the remote. That set mine off when i opened the door.....

. Good shout

I'll give it a go tomorrow

might annoy some neighbours if I did it now

so i attempted that this morning. unlocked with the key (red light on the door still flashing away)

threw my bag into the passanger seat, sat down, waved arround a bit and... nothing.

put the key in the ignition, car realised i was inside and then unlocked all the doors. (i think it was all the doors)

i'll try again at lunch

Wind the drivers window down, lock the car and wait 10-20 seconds. Lean in and wave your arm in front of the centre console. If you don't hear any sound but see hazards flashing your alarm siren has gone and needs replacing, they have a 6 years service life. Mine went last month and I had mine replaced!

21 minutes ago, HarleQuinn said:

It's under the drivers wheel arch liner. 

Wheel off, arch liner off, its then attached via a few screws but also a very difficult rivet.

i hate wheel arch liners.....

but thanks, i'll have a look at a guide or two and have a look to see what version i have