Can somebody help me identify which wire is which (minus the earth) as I’m currently trying to replace my symphony unit with one of those cheep and cheerful Chinese double dins and all I seem to be able to do is get it to illuminate the dash lights any help will be appreciated 

EA4EF65C-D7F3-4580-BD45-FF3B0CD9FE20.jpeg

9261D04B-50D8-4D14-BDEC-7B6F8FC57EA4.jpeg

These connectors mostly use the pin layout pictured below with 2 exceptions. A4 and A7 (permanent and switched feed respectively) are be swapped around iirc. There is also one pin (I cannot remember which) which may be used for K-line communications, VAG's predecessor to can-bus. You want to avoid connecting that as it may put 12v on the obd2 port and ruin diagnostic equipment.

Safest option is to only connect permanent 12v, switched 12v, ground, and illumination on connector A. You should not need any of the other pins.

220px-ISO_10487_connector_pinout.svg.png

Can you tell me what your upgrading to, and if possible price and stuff? I bought one but it turns out it fits VW but not Skoda. And definitly not mine...

Mine is that RNS210 btw! Also the wiring will be a pain...