Auto hold stopped working

Dshakey

Has any had issues with thier Auto hold? It been working great past 2 months. Just back from 2 hour drive and noticed that when I stopped near light by home it started to roll back. Put door on brake, but Auto hold did not engage. Had to use the parking brake. 

See again when parked at home. Did not engage. Seems to be fault.

Anyone else had similar issue

Now you've posted this it's got me thinking about our car.

I was out in it the other day and after a slight roll back I said to Mrs P that auto hold doesn't seem to engage as quickly as it does our other car, I'm going to keep a very  close eye on it now.

• Like 1

My wife did say it to me during week. I put it down to her doing something wrong.. 

Even tried putting foot brake pedal to the floor. But still didn't engage it. 

Will look at it again. Make sure I havent switched anything off. If that's possible

There is a limit of the incline where the auto hold will work. It needs to be something like 4-5° before it works. It's not an issue with a DSG, as it engages the clutch a fraction of a second after you take your foot off the brake.

2 hours ago, Agerbundsen said:

There is a limit of the incline where the auto hold will work. It needs to be something like 4-5° before it works. It's not an issue with a DSG, as it engages the clutch a fraction of a second after you take your foot off the brake.

Interesting but our Golf auto hold engages on level roads the second I stop so not sure why the Skoda should be any different. For example if sat at traffic lights on a level road the auto brake should come on regardless of the road gradient in my opinion and experience.

The autohold engages in traffic aswell. I know because I disabled it on the first day since it was becoming annoying. The disable button is near the gear shifter and once disabled it will remember this option for future drives. It will however still engage when stopping on an incline.

The auto hold and start/stop are two completely different buttons.

(Razvus can type faster than me:D)

Edited by Kenny R

Huh, so for the uk they switched the buttons near the gear lever but the row with the hazard lights is the same. So for me, the startstop button is very easy to reach, hand on my knee and I can reach it with a finger. Easy to activate/deactivate at any given time. But for a uk driver that looks like quite a stretch.

Edited by Razvus
Typo

Seeing as how many vehicle manufacturers put stop / start buttons not near to finger tips if drivers are not familiar with a vehicle it is easier with many different vehicles in the UK to hit the A/C button and deactivate stop / start.