Hi My 1999 1.3 Felicia MPI has a problem with the lock on the drivers side so before I take a look at it here's what happened.  I I went to open the door with the key it has central locking and the key just went round so i opened the car from the passenger side. Any thoughts any one thanks.

The issue has been discussed on several topics before. You might want to do a search.

In short, there could be two things, a bad one and an easy one.

The bad one is the key lock has broken. It happens.

The easy one is there is a short lever that snapped out of place.

Either way, you'll have to remove the door panel.

Thanks for the reply RicardoM Have had a look and looks like it is this that has broken https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Key-Cylinder-Door-Lock-Repair-Kit-Li-RE-for-SKODA-FELICIA-1-I-2-II/162703957259?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AFelicia|Cars+Year%3A1998|Plat_Gen%3AMK+II|Cars+Type%3A

I have found half of it in the bottom of the inner door you would not know if the left and right are diffrent.

18 hours ago, mikefelicia said:

I have found half of it in the bottom of the inner door you would not know if the left and right are diffrent.

By the way it looks (symmetrical) I think they are the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RicardoM said:

Thanks RicardoM I have ordered two new locks the JP Group door lock 1187501510 nothing too good for the old girl.

9 hours ago, RicardoM said:

So, you'll end up with 2 different keys for the car then? (1 for door and 1 for ignition/fuel)

i replaced a door-lock on the Fun a few years ago. Popped down the local dealer: They had a new barrel made to fit the original key.........£17 all in.

No not two but three different keys one for the doors one for the ignition and boot hatch and one for the petrol cap I changed that as well, no problem for me. It seems the Skoda felicia is one great car (well I think so) but not the locks. I do have a new genuine Skoda ignition lock purchased off Ebay for £25.00  just waiting for the original to fail, wonderful Ebay my garage is full of genuine Skoda parts you see I want my Felicia to last for ever (thanks to the very kind Ric and yourself for all the help) my latest purchase was a genuine Skoda  Cataylyst box still in the box for £70 inc P/P.

any way thanks for the reply and tip RainbowFire.

Edited by mikefelicia

Update on the lock I fitted the new lock purchased from Autodoc in Germany took 7 days to arrive here in the UK, did you know IN THE 1914/18 WW1 war a british soldier in the front line trenches could post a letter and it would be delivered in the Uk in one or two days and today 7 days for a small parcel what price progress.

Any way the lock I fitted was rubbish in comparison to the original  Skoda one (in my opinion)  so I am now looking at finding a door lock repair kit the little thing on the end of the std lock https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FELICIA-Favourite-Repair-DOOR-LOCK-LEFT-OR-RIGHT-Key-Cylinder/263738615912?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649  so I can refit the original lock ok I can get them from Germany but at a high price for one so any one got a lock they do not want for a cash strapped old man.

One last thing Autodoc price was £13.00 for two repro locks and the postage and vat it came to £26.98 over double the coast of the locks and a long wait will not be using Autodoc again.

Edited by mikefelicia