ACT question

Can anyone help please? Do all recently made 1.4TSI DSG 4x4’s have ACT or is it optional. Parker’s says it it optional but I thought it was in all the newer produced cars??

Thanks for the reply. I was just unsure if the last build had ACT due to Parker’s listing all 3 versions of the 1.4Tsi 150bhp with and without ACT.

10 hours ago, TumnusCat said:

I don't believe any of the 4*4 1.4s have ACT. 

Are you sure? I thought all the 150bhp 1.4 petrols have ACT - part of the reason they achieve such impressive fuel economy. 

VW Group cause the confusion by calling all 1.4 TSI / 1,4 TFSI the 1,4 TSI / TFSI and not making clear which are  with ACT / COD.

Like MrTrilby many wrongly assume that they did start to all have ACT (COD when an Audi) when they do not.

Parkers and other Media / Online journals do not help clearing that up.

3 hours ago, Verulamius said:

I have a 1.4 TSI ACT 4x4.  It is a manual though.

10 minutes ago, curious_george said:

1.4 4x4 DSG does not have ACT enabled.

My 1.4 DSG (2WD) does have ACT. So there doesn't really appear to be any logic in it, other than 'not on the 4x4 DSG'.

Anyone know about the 125PS 1.4? I'm assuming it doesn't as it is a completely different engine, but I could be wrong.

My own memory (frequently fallible ...) tells me that the 2-litres and the 1.4 125ps don’t have ACT, but that all models with 1.4 150ps do, irrespective of drive or gearbox options.

This seems to be corroborated by the tax calculator pages on Skoda’s website, here: 

Http://www.taxcalculator.skoda.co.uk/newcar/companycar/taxcalc/g2model.cfm?source=car&MakeModel=Skoda%2CKodiaq&fjs_fuel=petrol&c

Edited by DaveMiller

I have a 1.4 4x4 edition Dsg. So it must be 150ps and wouldn't exist as a 125. It doesn't have ACT.

Are people getting confused between ACT and ECO where the car selects neutral and coasts when no throttle is needed?

9 minutes ago, TumnusCat said:

Are people getting confused between ACT and ECO where the car selects neutral and coasts when no throttle is needed?

ECO is displayed when the ACT becomes active on those engines that have it, not just when it is coasting. But if you go into the consumption readout on the dashboard display, it also says "2-cylinder mode" or something.

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

ECO is displayed when the ACT becomes active on those engines that have it, not just when it is coasting. But if you go into the consumption readout on the dashboard display, it also says "2-cylinder mode" or something.

Mine simply says "Coasting"

1 hour ago, TumnusCat said:

Mine simply says "Coasting"

What does it say if you are in normal (not eco) drive mode and displaying mpg figures, when you back off the throttle just slightly?