Latest Karoq review on Youtube

Gaz1985

When people review cars on youtube, do they also go through the driving modes of the car? I'm talking about reviews in general. 

For example many will complain that the automatic has a delay when you put your foot down. But have they tested this in sport mode aswell? I felt it was way more responsive compared to the normal Drive.

Also when they complain about the steering, feeling numb. That also is changed in sport mode.

24 minutes ago, Razvus said:

When people review cars on youtube, do they also go through the driving modes of the car? I'm talking about reviews in general. 

For example many will complain that the automatic has a delay when you put your foot down. But have they tested this in sport mode aswell? I felt it was way more responsive compared to the normal Drive.

Also when they complain about the steering, feeling numb. That also is changed in sport mode.

I doubt it. I think a lot of the youtube reviews are more like general overviews as there are so many different features to cover across the different specs. There is usually a more detailed written review of the car sometimes on the uploader's web page.

Autogefühl usually has detailed reviews that can go up to 1 hour. They will mention when a car has different driving modes but I haven't seen them actually go through them in a drive. I've read a couple of written reviews about the karoq when I was doing my research but it was the same result.

I find it a big misstep on the reviewers side. It paints a very bland picture about most cars, not just the karoq.

I know you should test the car yourself, obviously. But in my case, I tested an octavia, kodiaq and karoq all dsg with different dealers and no one actually showed me what driving in sport mode feels like. "Yeah, it revs the engine a bit more" and that's it.  

Maybe I didn't appear as a serious buyer.

4 hours ago, Razvus said:

Autogefühl usually has detailed reviews that can go up to 1 hour. They will mention when a car has different driving modes but I haven't seen them actually go through them in a drive. I've read a couple of written reviews about the karoq when I was doing my research but it was the same result.

I find it a big misstep on the reviewers side. It paints a very bland picture about most cars, not just the karoq.

I know you should test the car yourself, obviously. But in my case, I tested an octavia, kodiaq and karoq all dsg with different dealers and no one actually showed me what driving in sport mode feels like. "Yeah, it revs the engine a bit more" and that's it.  

Maybe I didn't appear as a serious buyer.

Sport mode has a much better response from rest. I nearly always put my Superb DSG into Sport when coming to a junction or roundabout because the response in Normal mode is frankly rubbish.