Fabia 1.6 tdi exhaust gas sensor. Help needed

Hi everyone,

ive a 2011 fabia 1.6 tdi elegance. Recently the turbo let go and I had a garage fit me a replacement. Since getting the car back I have fault code P0544 exhaust gas temperature sensor bank 1 circuit 1. So I’m going to replace it but I’m unsure of which sensor it is I ha e spoken to TPS and they say it has 3 sensors in the exhaust but can’t tell me which one it could be, apparently there is 3 different plug colours orange, black or brown

could anyone tell me which it is likely to be?

Thanks!

image.png.6b99a8b2aa94b6cb0d6b1689a3598611.png

From what ive found it seems its the sensor marked with the red arrow, The garage had to use my old one as the replacement never came with it. It would make sense this would be the problem as its the only sensor thats been touched considering they have broken numerous things fitting this turbo I guess this got broke too!

• 5 years later...
37 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Anti, but it will be tight!

Had blow gun on to heat mount are and had to stop bud wdnt come loose need buy better 22mm sensor nut to remove as one I gots twisting as so tight 

If you're replacing the sensor then you can cut the wire off and use a proper deep impact socket that won't spring open and twist off. I only ever use the special 22mm socket for refitting a new sensor with a lead on it, for removal I always cut the lead off and use the big rattle gun with loads of penetrant soaked in.

• Like 2