??? Why does my wind screen washer smell like egg???

MC24

:D HI all Fabia Lovers, 

I know this sounds like a weird topic, but when I use my washer fluid it smells like egg or along them lines. I have drained it all cleaned the pipes leading up to the washers front/ rear. 

Has anyone come across this? how do I stop this as it reeks. 

Thanks in advance.

Have you washed the washer bottle out? Probably got algae growing in it. Quite a common problem with the more neglected Continental GT's at work. So I often have to take them out and bleach them to clean them up. 

From reading these car forums, you are not alone ending up with that smell, though I don't know what gets done wrong to cause it.  So getting that bottle out and sterilising it seems to be on the cards for you followed by filling that bottle up with maybe Milton or just bleach and flushing all the pipe work through, maybe disconnect the hoses near their ends to avoid spraying the car with bleach/Milton.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Sorry for late reply ive been abroad, i will get it out today as my car was left for a week or so it rancid lol. Ill take the bottle out give it a good clean. How will i get to cleaning the pipes?

On 16/06/2018 at 17:37, Offski said:

What brand do you use, & is it eggsclusive to them?

I buy Halfords ready mix, with a touch of egg :D

• Like 1