ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control issue

1 minute ago, alf.onso said:

Erm, don't you guys have left hand traffic in the UK ..... ? If so, why would you switch it to right-hand?

But about ACC, I don't recall needing to push the accelerator too far. Will try today:D

You shouldn't need to touch the accelerator for normal OVERTAKING. You should only need to touch it when:

- You want to UNDERTAKE (e.g. in slower moving traffic).

- You are approaching the back of a slower car and you want to maintain speed before pulling out to overtake (indicating achieves this as well).

- Your car detects braking in the car to your left (in UK) and decided to brake as well.

2 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

You shouldn't need to touch the accelerator for normal OVERTAKING. You should only need to touch it when:

- You want to UNDERTAKE (e.g. in slower moving traffic).

- You are approaching the back of a slower car and you want to maintain speed before pulling out to overtake (indicating achieves this as well).

- Your car detects braking in the car to your left (in UK) and decided to brake as well.

yes as per manual - this should be the case -

and i believe the setting above are under light section of car setup - does it still relates to ACC ? if thats the case I would expect it to be under ACC settings and not under lights.

I will check few more days with left and right settings but no hope so far - thinking of going to skoda as its still under warrenty...

It’s under lights because that’s what most people want to do - change the direction of the light beam when they go to a country which drives on the opposite side of the road to their normal side. But it should have the secondary effect of changing which side ACC considers to be overtaking and undertaking.

i think you need to get it booking into a dealer for them to check the car’s configuration. I don’t think there is anything else you can try except seeing if it will happily undertake at speed without your intervention, which to me would indicate the ACC is stuck thinking you drive in the right. 

2 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

It’s under lights because that’s what most people want to do - change the direction of the light beam when they go to a country which drives on the opposite side of the road to their normal side. But it should have the secondary effect of changing which side ACC considers to be overtaking and undertaking.

i think you need to get it booking into a dealer for them to check the car’s configuration. I don’t think there is anything else you can try except seeing if it will happily undertake at speed without your intervention, which to me would indicate the ACC is stuck thinking you drive in the right. 

Just now, Viral said:

Yep - Thinking the same - and I am out of options so probably skoda can reset and re-calibrate it...

Thanks everyone for your inputs here - much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skodasuperb2018 said:

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out with this problem about adaptive lane guidance:

Every time when i start my car, I have to turn on "adaptive lane guidance"  on the Columbus menu each time.

Any solution for this?

I have booked appointment with skoda about this. Lets see what they come up with.... Will post it next week

4 hours ago, FelisBengalensis said:

It will almost certainly invalidate that part of the warranty though items not related to the sound system should be fine.  Some Škoda Dealers are more open minded than others.

21 minutes ago, skodasuperb2018 said:

When do you have an appointment?

9th July.... I will update whatever their findings are...