Lack of pickup and power brakes

Hi all

I need some help with my car if anyone could guide me with it. The problem which I am facing with my Octavia is that the lack of pickup. The check engine light is also "on". The Faults were - Turbo/ Supercharger underboost and something related to ERG. Now i know the function of these two but how will i be able to eradicate these issues in the car. 

Another issue which i am facing is with the braking. The Power brakes is not working when the car is moving if i punch the brakes, for the first time the lever will go all the way down and without pushing the accelerator if I punch the brakes again the brakes get hard and i can not apply more than 5% of the brakes. If i accelerate a little then the brakes get easily applied.

Car model - 2007, Octavia 1.9 TDi

Morning

I can't point you to any specific areas but as both thebturbo and brakes rely on intake manifold vacuum to work do you have an air leak on the air intake? Loose joint, hose clamp or splut hose perhaps?

Regards, Mike

2 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

Morning

I can't point you to any specific areas but as both thebturbo and brakes rely on intake manifold vacuum to work do you have an air leak on the air intake? Loose joint, hose clamp or splut hose perhaps?

Regards, Mike

I guess yeah. The pipe from the air filter and air intake manifold is broken as i checked. Could that be the issue?

50 minutes ago, antarpreet said:

I guess yeah. The pipe from the air filter and air intake manifold is broken as i checked. Could that be the issue?

It certainly wouldn't help as their would likely be reduced vacuum in the intake which would compromise the workings of the turbo control and brake servo.

6 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

It certainly wouldn't help as their would likely be reduced vacuum in the intake which would compromise the workings of the turbo control and brake servo.

So, ibfound the pipe which was causing the issue there were two pipes not attached to where it was supposed to. I plugged one of it cuz the second one I couldn’t find where it was supposed to go and will go to the mechanic to get it plugged. Tubo is working fine now but the brakes are not upto the mark. Also the MIL light got turned off by itself. 

Thanks for your help. Cheers

Regarding the lack of pickup issue and the EPC light being on. This recently happened to my 1.6FSI; the recorded error in the VCDS log was related to the throttle body which the workshop cleaned and reset. The result is much improved pickup. To be honest, the degradation had happened so slowly I hadn't really noticed (I don't accelerate hard through the gears, changing up at 2-2.5k) it but now its been fixed, it's like a new car, much brisker.

I believe this engine has a vacuum tandem pump. TDi engines do not create the inlet vacuum that N/A petrol engines do on the over-run. TDi engines are forced induction where the air going into the engine is pressurised by the turbo.

The pump is on the gearbox end of the cylinder head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Golf-Fiend said:

I believe this engine has a vacuum tandem pump. TDi engines do not create the inlet vacuum that N/A petrol engines do on the over-run. TDi engines are forced induction where the air going into the engine is pressurised by the turbo.

The pump is on the gearbox end of the cylinder head.

That was something I never knew! Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks found it .. well there is an issue that two pipes are not attached. I fixed one of them but i am unable to find the socket where the second one should be inserted in. I will attach the picture in some time