A favour required

Babs

I'm looking for someone near Preston who can let me see if my phone will work with Android Auto, pending a new headunit for my car.

Nice simple request. Can pay in beer/cake/coffee/VCDS services :)

Hi Babs B)

Did not want you to think you were being ignored by us Yeti-ists up-north so thought I would reply. (Hopefully someone will yet pitch in and help!) [It at least "bumps the thread"]

Unfortunately, My 2016 Yeti does not have Android Auto or I would be glad to have tried to help. My New Karoq, expected late Sept will, but that does not help you just now.

A suggestion for you. I would have a word with someone at Simpsons and see if you can pop in and try the phone against one of their vehicles. I find the staff there both knowledgeable and very helpful. I'm sure someone there would spare a few minutes to help you out.

I recently also had a phone compatibility problem. Needed to purchase two very simple phones (not smartphones) that had Bluetooth capability for hands-free operation in our Yeti. I purchased two Nokia 216 phones which sported the latest bluetooth spec. All good to go I thought - NO!. Seemingly the current Nokia software (series 30+) is not fully compatible with VAG cars! You only get the phone numbers listed! Where you would expect the "Contact Name" to be is populated with the phone number, so all you see is a list which shows each entry as the phone number displayed twice. Not much good unless you have an exceptional memory for people and phone numbers. final resorted to digging out an old (15 / 20 years?) Nokia 6230i - Works perfectly Ah Well - C'est la vie

Hope the suggestion re Simpsons helps. Sorry I could not help more - Best of luck.........Tony

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...