Superb MK3 2.0 diesel oil and filter change

• 2 weeks later...

Having now done oil change on my 2016 Superb SEL 190bhp here is my guide to job. 

1: Jack car up and support on 2 axle stands on main cross member or jacking points.

2: Warm engine up

3: Remove plastic undertray you will need T25 and T40 sockets

4: Underneath Oil filer there is some wiring in the way, best to cut 2 cable ties to allow wiring to be moved clear, and disconnect push in loom clip. There is what looks like some electrical water pump underneath oil filter, disconnect electrical plug on top by pulling grey tab backwards, press on grey tab and multiplug will come off. Pull wiring as clear of filter as possible.

5: At bottom of oil filer there is a plastic drain nut undo this with 13mm socket and long extension. Remove drain plug, oil will now drain out of filter housing, (either small funnell to direct oil draining out into drain container or old rag wrapped around water pump and electrical connections would be good idea as this is messy part of job). Refit drain nut with new seal (should be with new oil filer).

6: To remove oil filter housing you need a 32mm socket. Once removed old oil filter pulls out of housing, clean housing with cloth, fit new rubber seal and new oil filter, refit oil filter housing, don't over tighten 32 nut.

7: To drain engine oil you need a 19mm socket, the sump nut is quite long but make sure you don't loose sump nut washer, once oil all drained out refit sump nut.

8: Fill engine with correct grade and type of Engine oil, mine took exactly 5 litres.

9: Start engine and run for few seconds.

10: Check oil filter and sump nut for leaks.

11: Refit undertray.

12: Jack car up and remove axle stands

13: Check oil level when car on ground and level.

14: To reset service msg on dash, press trip reset button then turn ignition on, this opens up a reset menu.

15: Done:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I am trying to do the same on my 2016 L&K.

i have undone all of the screws to the front and the sides and the rear of the tray drops down.

However, the front of the tray appears to be attached somewhere.  

I've wiggled it and cussed loads but it won't budge.

Is there a trick to release the front edge from the bumper?

On 07/03/2019 at 22:30, blakey2229 said:

i have undone all of the screws to the front and the sides and the rear of the tray drops down.

I will be doing one tomorrow ( Superb mk3, 1.6 tdi ) and I will let you know. As far as I remember, after you have removed all of the visible retaining screw's etc, the front of the tray is attached to the bumper via slots in the bumper, and "teeth" in the undertray, which  push into the slots and "lock". But you should be able to see them. They might need to be "eased" back out with a flat bladed screw driver.I don't remember them being a big problem last time I did one.....on a Superb mk3.

On 07/03/2019 at 22:30, blakey2229 said:

Hi Blakey, just finished doing mine. For the under shield, unscrew all the torx screws on either side, and the 3 larger ones on the back, Then there is one smaller one on the very front, holding the shield to the front bumper, Its in the center position. On either side of this screw, there is a "tongue" of plastic which enters into corresponding slots in the bumper. These "tongues" have a small lip, which drops behind the slot when it's pushed into the slot, and locks in place.Just use a flat bladed screwdriver to prise the lip up, and the tongue will slide out of the it's slot.

Edited by Jim Reire
additional info

On 08/03/2019 at 23:09, Jim Reire said:

Can some one tell me what is the correct engine oil to use in a 2016 Skoda Superb, mk3, 1.6 tdi engine?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim.

Anything to that meets the VW 507.00 specification.

You can get 5 litres of Quantum Longlife III from VAG dealers for £27 delivered on eBay.

• 5 months later...
On 20/07/2018 at 16:57, Davekwikmech said:

Having now done oil change on my 2016 Superb SEL 190bhp here is my guide to job. 

1: Jack car up and support on 2 axle stands on main cross member or jacking points.

2: Warm engine up

3: Remove plastic undertray you will need T25 and T40 sockets

4: Underneath Oil filer there is some wiring in the way, best to cut 2 cable ties to allow wiring to be moved clear, and disconnect push in loom clip. There is what looks like some electrical water pump underneath oil filter, disconnect electrical plug on top by pulling grey tab backwards, press on grey tab and multiplug will come off. Pull wiring as clear of filter as possible.

5: At bottom of oil filer there is a plastic drain nut undo this with 13mm socket and long extension. Remove drain plug, oil will now drain out of filter housing, (either small funnell to direct oil draining out into drain container or old rag wrapped around water pump and electrical connections would be good idea as this is messy part of job). Refit drain nut with new seal (should be with new oil filer).

6: To remove oil filter housing you need a 32mm socket. Once removed old oil filter pulls out of housing, clean housing with cloth, fit new rubber seal and new oil filter, refit oil filter housing, don't over tighten 32 nut.

7: To drain engine oil you need a 19mm socket, the sump nut is quite long but make sure you don't loose sump nut washer, once oil all drained out refit sump nut.

8: Fill engine with correct grade and type of Engine oil, mine took exactly 5 litres.

9: Start engine and run for few seconds.

10: Check oil filter and sump nut for leaks.

11: Refit undertray.

12: Jack car up and remove axle stands

13: Check oil level when car on ground and level.

14: To reset service msg on dash, press trip reset button then turn ignition on, this opens up a reset menu.

15: Done:

What size of thread are the T40? Mine are missing