Clutch sound

Hello colleagues, first excuse me for my bad English. On the subject, I drive octavia 3 1.6 tdi and 5 speeds, the factory car comes out with a one-mass flywheel of the co-driver. When it comes from a place on a slight slope up sometimes there is a noise like brakes (playing) my question is if someone had such a problem and knows the court is coming?

• Confused 1

If I understand correctly ,I don't think it's anything to worry about if it's only a slight noise as the clutch first bites

Hi Naiko,

I know exactly what you mean as I experienced it for the first time rather ominously on the the first day of my holiday on the Isle of Wight. This is more hilly than where I normally live and there was an occasional low pitched squeal a bit like brakes pads binding on start up and the low gear changes. The garage is going for a check on Thursday so I will advise later. It is very intermittent and the car will probably perform perfectly when it gets to the garage :) .it reminds me a bit of the noise when a clutch release bearing failed on a car I had in the past but a lot quieter. The car is a Fabia estate and coming up to 3 years with a 7 speed DSG and with 15K on the clock.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Skodbuster
Comprehension

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further to my recent. Garage reluctant to replace clutch and/or box until they can hear the noise but not a sign of it over the last few weeks. I have some sympathy for them in that Skoda receiving a box with no discernible fault probably will not be amused. Will be replacing the car with a Karoq at end of year so will run it on. Will have to have an auto again as my left hip and a clutch pedal just do not get on.

Your manual gearbox is probably an entirely different issue but these small noises are always a problem especially if intermittent.

Edited by Skodbuster
Extra text