Windscreen replacement

Woodforde

5 weeks ago I had a stone chip my windscreen. ( too big to repair). Contacted my insurer who put me in touch with Autoglass. They were unable to give me date for repair as no windscreen was available. They also informed me that I would have to take car to Skoda dealer to have windscreen sensors recalibrated as they did not have software.

I decided to contact Skoda main dealer to arrange work. Apparently there are no replacement windscreens available in the U.K. 

I'm still waiting for a date to repair the windscreen. Fortunately Ihave a very good dealer who has leant me a Superb. But, how can Skoda make a car without windscreens being available?

Disappointed.

Go back to your insurer, tell them that their chosen repairer is not prepared to source the replacement from anywhere in Europe as none are available locally.  And as they advertise the service as part of the premium you have paid, what are they going to do about it.   Point out that it appears to be the insurer not wanting to pay for delivery from a more remote European warehouse.

Might get nowhere, might benefit others if a truckload are brought in

Of course if none in whole of Europe, bit stuck

The insurer did not hesitate about going to the Skoda dealership. Also as the car is under warranty I have the right for the replacement screen to be a genuine Skoda part. The problem appears to be that Skoda cannot supply. Surely, there is an onus on the car manufacturer to ensure an adequate supply of such parts are available when car is launched? There is a high likelihood that other Karoq owners might need replacement screens. I had no problem getting a replacement screen for my new Yeti previously.

Skoda seem very keen to send out questionnaires about the service supplied by their dealers ( which in my experience has been excellent) but they don't seem to want feedback on their cars or spares availability!

Not really surprised are you ! if they can’t even supply complete vehicles on time ,but it is very poor customer service to say the least

Edited by Sad555

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn’t surprise me.  I’ve been waiting months for my replacement windscreen.  You can’t believe that Skoda didn’t ensure that there are a number of spares for this kind of issue.  If I get mine first I will let you know. But don’t get your hopes up. Why they can’t ship a few windscreens across here is just a poor customer service. I do get a weekly phone call telling me it’s not arrived yet.  

Wow it must be a massive undertaking with lots of planning and for thought  for Skoda to ship a couple of windscreens to the UK in the event (off chance) that one of their new  karrots would incur a broken windscreen,I wonder what odds bet Fred would give on this occurring ,perhaps 20/1 or in Skoda world 1,000,000/1

• Like 1

I have now been told that the windscreen should be here during second week of August. We shall see!

it is interesting to note that a farmer friend of mine who has a John Deere combine harvester tells me that if the windscreen needs replacing and he requests a replacement by 5pm he will get the screen by 12 noon the following day! This is guaranteed. The windscreen will be delivered from Germany. 

• Like 1

Well I wish I’d had confirmation my windscreen was coming so fast.  I’ve been given two possible dates and they both just came and went.  So I hope you get yours and 8 get m8 e soon too.  It’s spoiling the owning experience