head lamps

Anyone know how much some elegance xenon headlamps would be. Fed up with hazy headlamps that keep returing hazy after 3m polishing them, And where to get them from?

• Like 1

Just be careful re new MOT. Don't be tempted with HID upgrade kit. As of 20th May you'll probably fail an MOT with one. 

As well as the headlamp units/bulbs the wiring is totally different and you need self leveling and headlight washers. However most things available on ebay but they are not cheap.

Even from when I first bought my 2003 Superb I at 18months old the halogen headlights weren't great and over time they got worse (New owner has done the wet and dry ....etc... - still not great). Part of my problem is I didn't realise the halogen units had simple levers to convert to European driving and always stuck things to the front of them for years - after cleaning the goo off each year the units became worse.

My facelift Superb II halogen headlights have been much better and before I bought it I insisted on being shown how to convert to European driving.

Edited by bigjohn

Its an Elegance model and already has them.

I could do with new headlamps as they keep hazing from age and I'm fed up with it.

On 22/07/2018 at 11:49, Nackuk said:

Its an Elegance model and already has them.

I could do with new headlamps as they keep hazing from age and I'm fed up with it.

When i last enquired with skodaparts they were over £600.00 each with a discount, if someone finds a cheaper altenative i would jump on board.