Steering wheel

stuupnorth

Hi all

I'm looking to fit a vrs multi function steering wheel to my 2013 yeti

I have a multi function wheel already 

Have heard the I have to change the buttons as the vrs ones are different to the yeti but what about the airbag which one (part number do I need)

Many thanks 

Stu

There are a few different vRS MFSW's so you might want to clarify which you mean and which you currently have.

If it's from a FL MK2 Octavia vRS , it'll should be fine.

If it's from a MK3 Octavia vRS, it won't be. You'll need the buttons from a recent Yeti or FL MK2 Superb.

Pictures would help too :)

Hi mate 

The wheel I have doesn't have the airbag and the plug for the switches on the vrs is different 

I understand that I have to take my original switches off my old wheel and fit them into the new one but when 

I took my wheels airbag off and there is one connection which has the air bag wiring and the switch wiring all going into the yellow plug

the main problem is that the plug for the switches on my wheel

are a different size to the ones on the vrs wheel and are linked to the yellow plug for the airbag

(as seen in the first pic)

I understand that I will be swapping the switches but will the airbag that goes with the vrs wheel have a different size plug for the switches 

could I take the wiring loom off the airbag from my car (so keeping the plugs for the switches)

and fit it to a airbag (which I have to fit the vrs wheel?)

The airbag and switches from your current wheel won't fit on the new one.

You'll need:

- a new airbag

- a new wiring loom

- new switches from a FL MK2 Superb or FL Yeti

I'm not sure of the part numbers. When I did this to my Octavia I bought the MFSW as a bundle and swapped the switches afterwards.

Your original switches won't physically fit on the new wheel, you'll need 5E0 919 719 F assuming you don't want DSG paddles. There should also be a plastic mount they sit in, it's not shown on your picture but you might already have it?

The new buttons have a different connector so you'll need a new wiring loom too.

5E0 919 719 L buttons might be OK depending on your MFSW controller, they have white illumination rather than green too.

hi

I have the plastic trim/mount for the wheel

any idea of the part number for the new wiring loom ??

are these the buttons needed??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-2-Superb-2-Facelift-Yeti-Multifunktion-Tasten-Lenkrad-5E0919719F/401572041057?epid=1039260523&hash=item5d7f8f1161:g:khYAAOSw8d9U1oLz

Edited by stuupnorth
added text

Those buttons have the same part number as the ones I'm using so they should be fine.

I think the right part number for the loom is 5JA 971 584 but I'm not 100% sure.

• 3 weeks later...

hi again

just fitted the steering wheel with buttons (5E0 919 719 F)and new loom (5JA 971 584)

all went together ok but the horn didn't work and the button functions don't all work

ie the volume for the radio turns up with one rotary switch and you have to press the other to turn it down the phone function buttons don't seem to work either 

any ideas would I have to code the new buttons to the car ??

No joy with the wheel

so had enough mucking about

Many thanks for all the help in trying to get the wheel and buttons to work 

so selling the VRS wheel ,the second wheel with airbag, new buttons (5E0 919 719 F)  new wiring loom (5JA 971 584)

on ebay