Carista - Fabia 2016 MC

After seeing a few posts regarding Carista... i thought why not give it ago...

Well i cant seem to get what appears to a very simple process to work...

Has any one had teething issues.

So plug it... red light after a little blue flash.

App downloaded... 

Ignition on... fire up the app.... 

Nothing.. 

Code reading gets 30% stops

Customisation gets to 5% before going to a list of car makers .... so im stumped... 

It does take a long time to do its initial read - and will spend some time, seemingly stuck, at a particular “percentage “.

Just leave it churn away, and read a book! 

How long have you given it? 

I’ll time mine tomorrow if you’d like a comparison. 

I find that with mine, as I've got a Carista dongle in both cars, it can take a bit of plug in, unplug, plug in etc and switching OFF and ON Bluetooth for my iPhone to find the dongle if that dongle is not the last one that I've used - even spotted the Bluetooth interface in my S4 the last time I tried to connect to the Carista dongle, now I'll need to see how to switch off that Bluetooth device as I never use it on that car (seeing as I never knew it had one, whoops!)

Taking ages initially does ring a bell though, keep trying!

I dont stop it or interfear with it. I let it run is course...

Ive tried a couple apps.. and so far it seems like the bluetooth connection works. Its just not reading the ECU... which is odd!

Ive attached a screen shot of one of the errors.

Screenshot_20180727-220037_Carista.jpg

My Carista works fine on my iPhone, see if you can borrow someone’s device if you need to make changes.

I  used to use Android religiously and I believe the Bluetooth stack on Android is a bit hit and miss.

1 hour ago, inversesandwich said:

My Carista works fine on my iPhone, see if you can borrow someone’s device if you need to make changes.

I  used to use Android religiously and I believe the Bluetooth stack on Android is a bit hit and miss.

This was my thinking and iphone acted the same! Horrible feeling the car is the issue....

Ive been sent a new one and all working.

But so far only managed to change Dash sweep.

Have others managed to get Cornering lights and coming home lights working any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,quick update on my experience with carista. (First time using by the way)

no problems setting up, did the sweeping needles fine, beeping lock/unlock and also fog light on when turning. 

Will keep updating as I continue my use of the adaptor

mk3 Monte Carlo by the way 2016

• Like 1