Auto locking when in vehicle

I was waiting for some time at a railway station to pick up my daughter , the ignition was off but I had the apple play on for phone and music. The car was locked , after a while any movement would trigger the alarm , I obviously had the Kessy key and could reset it , but it would then relock and repeat the alarm when I moved. I could not get the car to stay unlocked without opening the door. I tried disabling the safelock as per manual but it didn't seem to work. I am sure there is something simple that I need to do . But I cant understand how the car can autolock with the key in it (and me)?

OK if I understand you right, all I needed to do was open and close the drivers door when I stopped and turned off the ignition ? 

What if I then relock the car for security if I want a snooze?

7 minutes ago, StuartAK said:

What if I then relock the car for security if I want a snooze?

You can disable the internal sensors in head unit, or press the lock button twice.

If your sat in the vehicle and want to lock the doors, press the button on the centre console, same goes for unlocking to let someone in. If you use the remote buttons this will set/unset the alarm

8 minutes ago, robwheeler said:

If you use the remote buttons this will set/unset the alarm

Unless you push the lock button twice, as I stated above.

Don't use the remote to lock the car doors when you are in it. If you leave the safe locks active and something happens you won't be able to get out. Use the central locking button. You can override this simply by pulling the internal door handle, so it keeps you protected should you need to get out, and doesn't set the alarm. This is why there's a 'safe lock' warning in the instrument pack every time you switch off the ignition (at least there is in my Superb and Fabia).

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lowedb said:

Don't use the remote to lock the car doors when you are in it. If you leave the safe locks active and something happens you won't be able to get out. Use the central locking button. You can override this simply by pulling the internal door handle, so it keeps you protected should you need to get out, and doesn't set the alarm. This is why there's a 'safe lock' warning in the instrument pack every time you switch off the ignition (at least there is in my Superb and Fabia).

^^This is important to know 

What if your remote were to slip out of your pocket and between the seat and centre tunnel or mysteriously vanish?

I don't think deadlocking (by definition) will release door locks simply by operating the central (un)locking button on the centre console?

So can you still start the car and lower windows if it is deadlocked (safelock?) even if the Kessy (or standard) remote is with you?

Important to know in case you find yourself in that 1 in 1000 situation, for example, you have a medical emergency but your passenger doesn't know about deadlocks...

Edited by xman

3 hours ago, MrTrilby said:

I thought a double press of the remote just disabled the deadlocks, not the internal sensor?

I thought it did both, the double lock performs the same function as pressing the button on the B pillar (no longer fitted to the latest models, instead it is operated through the head unit).

I've used the double lock to disable the alarm ahead of a ferry crossing.

Edited by silver1011