Xtreme 19” Alloys Best Set Up

8 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

It seemed a little noisier for the first week but there's no noticeable difference after its settled in, its the best modification i've made, it really does kill any wheel hop and feels sharper through the gears.

The full dog bone isnt advisable on a diesel as the noise is supposed to be too loud but the 034 mount is a definite yes.

Ok thanks for that - think I will invest in one where did you get the product from.

27 minutes ago, AndGibs1486 said:

Ok thanks for that - think I will invest in one where did you get the product from.

dont get the 034 mount as its aluminium get the ARP mount as its billet stainless and much stronger. Be sure to check which version you have, there are two for the MQB platform

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/subframe_insert_mqb.html

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

dont get the 034 mount as its aluminium get the ARP mount as its billet stainless and much stronger. Be sure to check which version you have, there are two for the MQB platform

Ok thanks for that have you change to the APR model instead

38 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

not yet but i probably will eventually

I’ve emailed APR reference Dogbone this what I said. 

I’m interested in this product APR Billet Stainless-Steel Dogbone / Subframe Mount Insert would you recommend this for my vehicle it’s a ŠKODA Octavia Mk3 Vrs diesel 2016 What would be the pro and cons for this Fitment

Their Reply

Thank you for your enquiry. 
Unfortunately this product is not suitable for the diesel engine.

I have Xtremes fitted with 235/35/19 Avon ZZ5. I also have a DTUK box and pedal box. Mine is a VRS 4x4 and so no issue with wheel spin.

I’ve found the Avons to be more than adequate and next month am driving all the way to Portugal and back. 

They wear quicker than some premium brands, but are comfortable, offer some rim protection and are only around £90 per tyre.

1 hour ago, AndGibs1486 said:

I’ve emailed APR reference Dogbone this what I said. 

I’m interested in this product APR Billet Stainless-Steel Dogbone / Subframe Mount Insert would you recommend this for my vehicle it’s a ŠKODA Octavia Mk3 Vrs diesel 2016 What would be the pro and cons for this Fitment

Their Reply

Thank you for your enquiry. 
Unfortunately this product is not suitable for the diesel engine.

i doubt if they have even every driven an oil burner, they probably mean the pendulum arm, there are dozens of people on here who have successfully fitted the dogmount including me.

On 31/07/2018 at 22:04, JohnnyType2 said:

I’ve inquired though Awesome GTI and they have said this

“We would not under any circumstance recommend installing this on a TDI Model. 
Especially if you have any concern about raised Vibrations, Noise and Harshness. 
Infact, we would go as far as to say stick purely to stock engine mountings on the TDI Models.”

I've had no noise increase during normal driving at all, the only noise is on hard acceleration and it actually sounds more aggressive that's all. No resonance or rattles or other vibrations. The fake piped in noise is significantly worse. I honestly think they are covering their *****. This is just my experience. 

39 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I've had no noise increase during normal driving at all, the only noise is on hard acceleration and it actually sounds more aggressive that's all. No resonance or rattles or other vibrations. The fake piped in noise is significantly worse. I honestly think they are covering their *****. This is just my experience. 

Ok thanks for the information