Artwork on SD Card

Being in my twilight years (69) and not very tech savvy, I need some help understanding what goes on with my SD card. I've downloaded some music off i tunes and copied some off CD's and as far as I know, also copied the artwork. Now comes the bit I don't understand.  If I put it in our Karoq with Columbus Infotainment, the artwork is displayed alongside the track that's playing. Most of the artwork is there, but on a few tracks it's missing so it displays a random artwork according to the genre of the track, so in general fairly happy with that. Move the same card into our Scout with Amundson Infotainment and all I get displayed is a picture of an SD card. Music plays fine but no artwork. How can this be. Is Columbus really that much more clever than Amundson?

• Like 1

I have noticed that, in the Scout with the Amundsen+, the format of album artwork seems to be critical - it can be present on the card, but if it's not square, all you get is the generic SD card icon.  

I have a Mac and using iTunes, I use a little AppleScript applet to resize all my artwork - usually to 500x500, but it doesn't seem to matter, as long as it's square it seems to work OK.  

John999boy's program for windows may well be what you're looking for if you use that operation system.

13 hours ago, john999boy said:

I doubt very much that you'll have 'also copied the artwork' in all those cases as it's actually embedded in the mp3 files.

I found the same thing, copying the .jpg files in the same folder as the .mp3 files didn't help as the Skoda infotainment needs the artwork embedded into the header of the actual .mp3 files.