Citigo Electric

Ronn

33 minutes ago, Emil said:

Recuperation works when ever brake pedal is used. So I don't have much use for recuperation levels. I let it roll and when ever I need to slow down I use brake pedal.

@Emil It kicks in as soon as you lift your foot from the accelerator. I've hardly needed the brake pedal so far — very occasionally for the last couple of feet before completely stopping. I'm now using B-mode at traffic lights all the time: the brake lights come on and once you get a feel for it, you know exactly where you'll end up.

The only time it doesn't work is when you're driving on a completely full battery, as there's nowhere for the recuperated energy to go (or so I'm led to believe).

No harm in having choices like people have that use gears to reduce speed more than brakes as many do with a manual, auto / DSG / ASG.

People that might have brake discs that rust and pads that just wear out from needing to clean the rust off discs by using the brakes to do that and the rest of the time might hardly ever touch them for slowing down, just for the final dab to actually come to a halt.

Re-cooperation braking (retardation) levels are set on some vehicles at some levels so that there are no brake lights coming on.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

Using gears to slow down is also stupid. It is bad for synchroniser rings if and when driver doesn't understand how gear changes for lower gear should be done. 

Paddy Hopkirk is a simply clever person and will likely see the benefits of one pedal driving when it is an electric motor and then not a gearbox or clutch.

Two pedal if needs must. but no fly of hand brake.

On 13/03/2020 at 21:39, Chris_42 said:

@Luckypants Yes. Coincidentally the salesman who took my order also had an SEL model ready for take-home as his company car on the same day. They were the first two to leave the dealer so I found myself posing for a photo. He said their demonstrator model would be delivered very soon.

I ordered it on 11th January, it was built on 17th February and I collected it yesterday.

20200313_exp_003.jpg

Called into North Wales Skoda yesterday as I was passing and asked if they had an electric Citigo or Mii (attached SEAT dealership) for me to look at. No chance was the answer, deliveries massively delayed due to demand in Germany is the story. The car they were expecting last week now has build week 26 against it. Even if I went for an order without a test drive or even a look, I wouldn't get it for 6 months or more. Rubbish.

Personally, I'm becoming convinced VAG are determined this car should not be a success as it will undermine ICE sales massively and show their strategy (and that of the German car industry) to be *******s. ID. 3 is delayed due to 'software problems'.... I think the whole world will be driving cars from start-ups before the legacy car makers wake up.

• Like 1

BREXIT happened and new cars are still coming off of ferries and leaving compounds for delivery to dealerships in the UK.

But that might stop now.

As to Coronavirus the UK ports have not stopped allowing ships to dock and unload yet.

There are 4 Citigo iV advertised on Autotrader by dealers.  

'Brand new and in stock, £19,065, £20,400 & £23,530. 

Maybe demonstrators they can not sell for 3 months, but they never let that get in the way of advertising them.

They obviously had not prepared many cars going into production in the months before Coronavirus became an issue.

Enough right hand models for the delivery of right hand models to the UK as demonstrators after such a long time building up to launching them.

Eventually they will have to get the EV's sold and Mild and Plug in hybrids so that they can get the average Co2  g/ km down of face penalties, 

but if the sales in general are down of the diesels and petrols because of the global illness that will buy all car manufacturers more time.

On 14/03/2020 at 00:39, Chris_42 said:

@Emil It kicks in as soon as you lift your foot from the accelerator. I've hardly needed the brake pedal so far — very occasionally for the last couple of feet before completely stopping. I'm now using B-mode at traffic lights all the time: the brake lights come on and once you get a feel for it, you know exactly where you'll end up.

The only time it doesn't work is when you're driving on a completely full battery, as there's nowhere for the recuperated energy to go (or so I'm led to believe).

You shouldn't charge it up to full anyway 😉 . There is a consensus amongst the battery experts that you shouldn't  recharge the battery to 100%, and not completely drain it, for a longer life span. I know that VW allready have taken precautions by only letting 32Ah of 36Ah be available but that is probably anyway a compromise between performance and longevity. A li-ion have the longest life span if it can be "half charged" all the time.  I try to avoid charging over 80% indicated and running below 20%. If you need the full capacity (100%) you should plan charging so you drive away a.s.a.p after a full charge. And if you are not going to use your car for a period of time, dont let the car sit with fully charged batteries. Empty is not good either. Ideal for storage is between 60 and 70% charge but probably anywere between 20 and 80% is fine in most cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That being the case then the WLTP should be done on 80% charged vehicles.

No point giving ranges that are 'maybe at best achieved' on a 100% charge, when you are going to be setting off on a 80% charge.

Those leasing cars might no bother their back end about battery life.

That is a worry for future owners down the line.

When i had LPG vehicles then yes the tank was filled to 80% capacity only.  That was how it works.

On my electric bikes the Batteries get put to 100% charge.  Only occasionally are they ever down to only 7% energy left.

Life is for living in the moment. If the £750 batteries lives are shortened so be it.

A car sitting at your home or where ever with 80% charge is fair enough as long as you are in a position to put the full charge in if needs must 

and without much notice you have a trip to head off on that will require stops to charge and before you set off you can get some charging time in.

With EV's that are limited in range off a full charge anyway that is a PITA though.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

That being the case then the WLTP should be done on 80% charged vehicles.

No point giving ranges that are 'maybe at best achieved' on a 100% charge, when you are going to be setting off on a 80% charge.

Those leasing cars might no bother their back end about battery life.

That is a worry for future owners down the line.

When i had LPG vehicles then yes the tank was filled to 80% capacity only.  That was how it works.

On my electric bikes the Batteries get put to 100% charge.  Only occasionally are they ever down to only 7% energy left.

Life is for living in the moment. If the £750 batteries lives are shortened so be it.

A car sitting at your home or where ever with 80% charge is fair enough as long as you are in a position to put the full charge in if needs must 

and without much notice you have a trip to head off on that will require stops to charge and before you set off you can get some charging time in.

With EV's that are limited in range off a full charge anyway that is a PITA though.

Well, the 100% to 0% capacity is there, isn't it. The WLTP figures doesn't take life span of the battery in to consideration as far as I know. I just pointed to some facts that affect the life span of li-ion batteries and if you normally run 100% down to 60% on your daily commute it's better for your battery to run 80% down to 40%. If you lease the car, probably you don't have to take any of this in to consideration, but I own my car and intend to use it for at least 10 years if possible, so for me it's a different situation. I will also charge it to 100% when I need the range but on daily basis 80% to 20% is more than adequate for 2-3 days of use. I just wanted to point out that if you don't need the full range between charges there are benefits of not charging it to 100%

• Like 2

We picked ours up on Sat to replace an Up GTI.  Love it and it’s hilarious if you put your foot down at the lights - really surprises other drivers with its speed pick up.  I have been unable to get Skoda Connect to activate yet though - error attached, my Kodiaq vRS activated without issue.  Any tips on that front?  Here’s my wife picking it up.  

867D2CA0-09F6-48EF-B1F6-07FF01110E33.jpeg

3B8566E9-9381-4CBF-BC59-13B2858895C6.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mrcraigcharlton said:

We picked ours up on Sat to replace an Up GTI.  Love it and it’s hilarious if you put your foot down at the lights - really surprises other drivers with its speed pick up.  I have been unable to get Skoda Connect to activate yet though - error attached, my Kodiaq vRS activated without issue.  Any tips on that front?  Here’s my wife picking it up.  

867D2CA0-09F6-48EF-B1F6-07FF01110E33.jpeg

3B8566E9-9381-4CBF-BC59-13B2858895C6.jpeg

Nice! Exactly the same colour combination I have on my Citigo. Good luck with it.

Regarding the Skoda connect app, it connected to my car the first time i tried and has been working eversince. However, the dealer from which I bought my Citigo didn't manage to connect their demo for some reason. If it works or not seems to be different from one case to another. There is also an app called "Move & Fun" that should be used to connect the phone to the car via Bluetooth but it isn't available yet it seems. However, the e-UP! equivalent called "Maps + more" works also with the Citigo so you can just as well use that meanwhile.

• Like 1

Spoke to a salesman at Mitchell Skoda Ellesmere Port today, as their Facebook post stated they had a Citigo in. He told me they had one but it was sold and could not be seen. Furthermore he told me the model has been discontinued and no more will be made. I think he may be misinformed due to the factory shutdown,  but does anyone have any further information?

Edited by Luckypants

Production is stopped so that is it. Discontinued until it is fired up again sometime in the future.

Better ask Skoda UK Customer Services if any are in transit and expected to land in the UK and be available.

Car transport ships are unloading in the UK with vehicles from other manufacturers still and car transporters transporting.

Skoda/ VW would love him making marketing announcements on behalf of the VW Group.

They have the average CO2 g/km legislation to meet in the future regardless of Coronavirus and how long that goes on for.

There is a lot invested in production lines and machinery and in EV's & Hybrids.

• Haha 1