Citigo Electric

Ronn

You may want to disable ABS too if you don't understand how it works. But if you do know how ESP works you don't want to disable it. Neither you need button to disable it. 

You should learn how to drive in winter. After that we may continue this discussion. Thanks. 

Edited by Emil

Re-cooperation braking is lovely with an EV and no braking /ABS involved. 

Personally i get along rather well in winters when there is snow on roads, did it before there was Traction Control or ESP or ABS, and still do sometimes with vehicles that do not have those.   ABS is one of the first things that gets disabled on offroaders that has that along with Air Bags.

• Haha 1

EDS the same as EDL , Electronic Diff Lock, AKA nipping at the brake of the wheel spinning and cutting power,

then just the same as XDS and less than XDS +.

Had all off those on cars for the past 10 years and i know all about winter in Finland, Sweden, Norway etc etc.

?

Are you up north in Finland or down south in Finland trucking around in your Up! & Citigo @Emil?

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2020 at 16:53, rkenny said:

I have been told by my dealer that the Mii electric demo cars are arriving at dealerships. Should get a test drive soon and will report back on my impressions.

I popped into a 'local' SEAT dealer yesterday, as I was passing. They have a sister Skoda dealership next door. They think they may get a Mii electric by end of April, but expect the Skoda Citigo-e "a few weeks earlier". 

Its absolutely excellent in its purpose, a small city car but with space for a babyseat and longer range then most of similar sized EVs. 

And it being an EV you have all the torque and power ready all the time, it truly is a fun car to drive - I love it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2020 at 19:12, BGB said:

However the prices for servicing an EV is ridiculously low. A major 30k km service on an e-Golf is 80GBP.

that depends on the make, Nissan charge £199 and £299 alternating on a year by year basis. £199 gets you a diagnostic check, new pollen fitler and screen wash top up, for £299 the following year gets the same but a brake fluid change too. 

Will suit many, but not me. 

We use my wife's Petrol Citigo just as we use my car. 

So, I expect long range & modern driving electronic aids from any cay we spend £17,000 + on buying. 

The EV Citigo is a cut down car with limited range, no satnav & misses other 'goodies'. 

So, the EV Citigo may appeal to people who are desperate to get into EV's and on limited budget or who's requirements are for basic travel but, it's not for me... 

• Haha 2

The manufacturers have to start somewhere, and the planet is in poor shape. Prices will fall, batteries will improve. All of the negativity  was already said by horse owners when cars first came out. Today, I like my petrol Citigo but soon enough it will be worthless and unusable in many places, and my next car will be electric. At that point I would not rule out a Citigo of the day...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ronn said:

the 'proper' cars..

I’ve seen these statements many times before and not ONCE has anyone given a valid reason for what they mean. So I’m asking seriously and politely, can you sir provide a reason for why which energy source a vehicle uses makes it proper or not?

Because all though EVs currently dont have the range of a small TDI, they are better in absolutely all other aspects. 

• Like 1

There are lots of threads on all sorts of topics on this site. This one is called "Citigo Electric". If electric cars are of no interest to some, why waste effort reading and posting on the thread?

For me, I'm happy to have a cheap little petrol city car for now, even though I could buy say, a 911 (or even a Taican) if I wanted too, but electric cars are interesting to me - especially since the sale of fossil-fuel cars is to be banned, and their use curtailed even sooner in many places, so 'proper' does not come into it... :)

• Like 1

It Range thats the most important aspect of ANY vehicle. 

If a vehicle hasn't got range & there's no reliable means of replenishing its power source as required, it's useless. 

That's the situation with EV at the moment. 

And situation ain't going to change substantially for the next to 10 years, if indead the means of generating electricity on a national scale will ever cope with the demand & ever allow it to happen. 

Then, we have the poor performance of EV in low temperature conditions or when there's great demand from the electric systems of the vehicle, lights, heating, radio, etc. 

Reduces range even further. 

Then there's the problem of disposal of the batteries on a massive scale used in these vehicles.

They are full of nasty contaminants & polutents of our Planet.

As bad as getting rid of Nuclear waste.

Going EV is not all Win, Win.

We just swap one load of issues & problems for another.

Just as another potential issue I'll throw in here. 

What are the Arab Countries, Nigeria, Venezuela and other countries going to do for income when we don't buy their oil anymore?

Nobody has even thought of the social unrest in the World that will create 

• Haha 2

@Ronn  AKA The Donald. 

What the Oil rich countries do is fund terrorism and buys Weapons from the US / UK & Russian and kill millions from the air and on the ground.

You are so Green and so environmentally astute.  Not! 

As to Venezuela the Super Powers and other oil producers keep trying to starve the population into submission.

The Oil will continue to be used to produce plastic and all the other stuff that come from Oil.

There is no issue with the disposal of batteries as they have use in big battery packs after they come out of vehicles to store energy, then the materials get.

recycled.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

10 hours ago, Ronn said:

It Range thats the most important aspect of ANY vehicle. 

If a vehicle hasn't got range & there's no reliable means of replenishing its power source as required, it's useless. 

That's the situation with EV at the moment. 

How many miles you drive daily? Because that's what really matters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1