ASG production?

Citigouk

Our current 2015 Citigo ASG has been flawless in its application and reliability, we deiced to make contact with skoda about a new 2019MY version.

To our surprise we have been advised that the ASG model currently has not got any production, no order book, nothing.

All they could do was point me to the stock which was in the UK and used examples..... most of which a poverty specification and not ticking any boxes compared to our current citigo

Maybe its an emissions thing (as ASG dont get stop start)? or could the Citigo be getting the DSG instead?

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what they need to do to have a Small affordable Skoda / VW / SEAT with an Automatic and low enough emissions under WLTP testing.

They need to get a move on with producing a e-Citigo.

The Face Lift Fabia MK3 has the GPF with the 1.0 TSI but not with the 1.0 N/A, and it does not come as a 2 pedal car.

Edited by Offski

DSG wouldn't be an option I'm afraid. VW worked out that the clutch and box assembly, if mated to the 1.0, would make the whole package too wide for the engine bay. Maybe they're not making ASGs to give us a VRS. I don't think I've seen an ASG up! facelift either tbh. At least not in the vw dealerships.

Edited by Vitas

As Dr Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". ASG only equates to ~10% of Citigo/Up/Mii orders, so production priority goes to the back of the queue. Expect ASG to be available once the backlog has been cleared.

On 14/08/2018 at 08:19, leckman said:

The ASG is still available on the Skoda configurator.

I checked with Skoda UK and they confirmed the configurator is showing 2018MY, they are now on 2019MY factory run and ASG isn't available

As others has pointed out its going to be more profitable for them to use production on GTi's etc which as of last week had a 5 month (yes 22week) waiting time

Also the incoming WLTP is causing some major changes to car companies line-ups as the actual emission truths may not be good for reputation... and it snot like VAG need any more focus

With our ASG now at 75,000 miles since we got it new in 2014... the choices are slim for a logical replacement