9 months 32k update

Juego

Had the Superb now for 9 months and covered 32k at the time I write this, cars had its dsg service done at 39.5k. 

So far it's cost me nothing but consumables and servicing. MPG seems to be low around town mind you and I find it a tad creepier than I was expecting. It achieves 34mpg regardless how careful I am around town, it was the same before changing to 225 45 18 tyres so I don't think it's to do with them. The car has had its emissions update sadly so I'm blaming that as talking to other owners and other drivers with the same car they're all getting 40+! 

Other than that it's been a fantastic car and all my passengers love it, I love it as it's nice to drive and comfortable as well at almost 60k.

Only faults I have is the battery is on its way out and I still have a key issue to resolve which is looking like I may have to replace the remote. The dsg holding gears and stuff has sorted itself since the oil change and my driving style, I forced the changes with moving it to manual mode and not letting the box drop it back down so it seems to have helped resolve that issue. It used to struggle to go over 90mph as well but that's resolved the more I've driven it so I can only assume it's been choked with the previous owner maybe not driving it hard and in his 2 and a half years of ownership he'd only covered 27,600 miles which I've surpassed in 9 months lol.

Anyway that's my update, I'm going on the hunt for Mlada Boleslav plate holders shortly if anyone can point me where I could get them as I'm gonna put my private plate on and change my plate layout at the rear from a square plate to my taxi plate sticky padded to the bumper and a normal size rear as my private plate won't work on a square plate.

Thanks for reading folks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juego said:

Anyway that's my update, I'm going on the hunt for Mlada Boleslav plate holders shortly if anyone can point me where I could get them as I'm gonna put my private plate on and change my plate layout at the rear from a square plate to my taxi plate sticky padded to the bumper and a normal size rear as my private plate won't work on a square plate.

I know english very well, but if any of you locals could translate this part for me (regarding the plates and such), I'd appreciate it ... :D

• Haha 1