Anti theft devices

Nothing more than the standard deadlocking and built-in alarm/immobiliser here.

The last car I fitted anything additional to security wise was my 1992 Vauxhall Astra.  Since then I've put my faith in the manufacturers' security :)

Having said that, if I had keyless entry I would be bulking up on the security front with physical means of protection.

I just googled zederlock but would probably go with something a lot more visible like a disklock.

• Like 1

Protection (for me) is owning a Yeti, which has so little street cred that it is unlikely to get nicked.

My two previous cars were Roomsters, which had no street cred whatsoever and would never have got nicked :D

Joking aside, the Zederlock looks inconspicuous and IMHO would not act as a visible deterrent in the same way as a Disklock.  I have no doubt a Zederlock would prevent a car from being driven away, but a Disklock might just stop the toe-rags from breaking-in in the first place.

• Like 1

My previous car was very nickable (Audi RS4) but never had any problems as I don't go to "undesirable" areas, just factory fitted alarm & immobiliser.

Most professional thieves know that these measures are good enough to mean the easiest way to steal a car is to break into the owners house and steal the keys - unless it's got KESSY when a laptop 'hack" is usually possible.

Disc locks and similar things are visible but sadly (even more expensive ones) only last around 5 mins to defeat.

Im spending quite some time abroad (in slovakia) and there is around 5 skodas stolen every day , all to be dismantled for parts as skoda and vw cars are very popular in this small country of population under 5 million...

I think i wouldn't bother to install something like this in uk to be honest, as i feel i live in quite safe area.

However i have spent 300€ for zenderlock.

I know its not known in UK, but it is well known over here, so i hope potential thief will notice stickers on all windows signaling that the lock is installed??! 

:D At least im not waking up every half and hour and checking over my windows if my vRS is still sitting where i left it :D

It is a bit annoying to have another key on the keyring, but than again it only takes 2 seconds to lock the steering, and it prevents engine from being started as well.

nowadays most of stolen cars were KESSY equipped.
every time i leave a car i turning it off:
close car from key fob and then press and hold door handle for 5 seconds

also disappointed, why key fob is ignored in the first second after door is closed

have seen here case, when car were closed by key fob then KESSY is deactivated by default,
but didn't found a way how can i get that feature on Superb III

• Like 1

Thieves will steal vehicles from any area and prestige cars are easily stolen from 'desirable residential areas'  as the crooks that live there will be busy where as in areas of deprivation the Toe Rags are looking out all the time for other Toe Rags and nasty car thieves with a Centre Punch, Electronic Device or Flat Bed truck.

People are more interested in stealing goods from cars rather than stealing cars, and those a professionals stealing cars unless joy riders going for an easy drive away.

Let them take your car as long as you are well insured and hope it is never recovered.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1