Brakes and steering jammed

Davy87

My wife was parking our Karoq, the wouldn’t move and the steering stopped aswel, it’s like the handbrake was applied and the steering wheel wouldn’t twist, it stayed like this for about a minute and worked again, this happened 45mins later when she has pulling out at a junction and left her stranded in the middle of the road, we had it recovered and straight back to dealer, he saying he can’t find anything wrong and nothing coming up on diagnosis 9000kms on clock. 

Has anyone else experienced this??

Welcome.

Not good.

So if they are not finding anything they know what to do, get in from Skoda someone with all the gear and more than an idea, 

because your wife or others could have been killed.

Skoda / VW Group need to find where this fault is, investigate why, how and what to do to be sure others do not experience it.

All the best.

15 hours ago, Davy87 said:

My wife was parking our Karoq, the wouldn’t move and the steering stopped aswel, it’s like the handbrake was applied and the steering wheel wouldn’t twist, it stayed like this for about a minute and worked again, this happened 45mins later when she has pulling out at a junction and left her stranded in the middle of the road, we had it recovered and straight back to dealer, he saying he can’t find anything wrong and nothing coming up on diagnosis 9000kms on clock. 

yes experinced this once, it was due to cross traffic alert, in this situation turn off the engine and reastart thiings wiil revert back to normal :)

If the dealer says "diagnostics says nothing"...he's lying....& or thick.....

These platforms are so complex when you use VCDS it will state all hard & soft faults...all times a minor thing has triggered a fault event..right down to the day, hour, second...

take it to a member on here who has full VCDS & knows how to use it...there is VCDS members map on Briskoda...can't find ATM..& I should know as I'm on it!...

Slightly off topic, So when my 2014 Connect looses all its power steering and has warning messages on the dash advising I have no power steering, saying seek technical assistance and the only way to get my steering back is to switch off the ignition, lock, unlock then restart the vehicle.

A fault should be logged??

According to the Ford main dealer....no codes stored, nothing they can do, end of subject, which is sorta what the OP is being told by Skoda.....are you insisting there must be codes stored somewhere?

Edited by Defenderben

Just now, Defenderben said:

Slightly off topic, So when my 2014 looses all its power steering and has warning messages on the dash advising I have no power steering, saying seek technical assistance and the only way to get my steering back is to switch off the ignition, lock, unlock then restart the vehicle.

A fault should be logged??

According to the Ford main dealer....no codes stored, nothing they can do, end of subject, which is sorta what the OP is being told by Skoda.....are you insisting there must be codes stored somewhere?

Faults which are "soft" faults can be stored...….depends on the systems.....& an outage like that will cause soft faults..

What usually happens is that the very expensive OBD tools that they use first do a quick scan for "hard" faults...if none are there then they state all ok...

Their OBD stuff is "guided"...& in many ways is like moving from win7 to win10...ie from a serious users point of view all the technical stuff has been dumbed down & you have nice bright colours & touch screen...with all the useful functions locked out & hidden.....unless there is a hard fault & then the program then guides the monkey to interrogate the module further...

VCDS when you do a scan pulls up ALL codes/activations etc...& its quite interesting what does come up on these platforms.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Offski said:

Do not touch it.

9,000kms,  Safety Critical Failures, Warranty, Manufacturers have all the gear.  No point having a dog and wagging your own tail.

& NO idea......

• Like 1

That is your Skoda Ireland and Skoda UK Official Dealership / Repairers for you.   As to Skoda getting in someone with more than a NVQ that is a different story.

Obviously some might get someone with VCDS that they do not know from Adam, maybe even ones that can not find the VCDS members map on Briskoda...

These are some "soft" faults which were on my MK7 Golf when I was retro fitting the TPMS switch..this involved unplugging the ABS unit & then reconnecting. So when I did the scan NO fault warning lights were lit as the fault was "intermittent"....BUT it still logged the exact time/day/mileage when it triggered...

4 Faults Found:
131603 - No Communication with ABS Brake Control Module 
          U0121 00 [008] - -
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 4
                    Reset counter: 61
                    Mileage: 10880 km
                    Date: 2016.05.20
                    Time: 09:45:53

131702 - No Communication with Engine Control Module (SAE ECM/PCM) 
          U0100 00 [008] - -
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 7
                    Date: 2016.05.19
                    Time: 15:40:07

66050 - Data Bus for Suspension 
          U10AC 00 [008] - No Communications
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 7

197175 - Control unit for battery monitoring 
          U1050 00 [008] - No Communication
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 9

2 minutes ago, Offski said:

Obviously some might get someone with VCDS that they do not know from Adam, maybe even ones that can not find the VCDS members map on Briskoda…

Here we go:-

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Td73_uUUqscV3nRm5br_o89PmBU&msa=0&ll=53.77872128732339%2C-7.034356190624976&z=7

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Haha 1

On 23/08/2018 at 22:51, Davy87 said:

Our Karoq is in the Skoda dealers over a week, and they still can’t find a fault. We asked has any faults showed up on the diagnosis and they said no. 4 weeks the speed and rev clocks and radio went blank and stopped working while we were driving that hasn’t showed up either. Lucky for us we have a video of that fault and yet they still say there no fault. 

9 hours ago, Davy87 said:

Our Karoq is in the Skoda dealers over a week, and they still can’t find a fault. We asked has any faults showed up on the diagnosis and they said no. 4 weeks the speed and rev clocks and radio went blank and stopped working while we were driving that hasn’t showed up either. Lucky for us we have a video of that fault and yet they still say there no fault. 

Just re-read my posts on this thread which explains why they will say "no fault"......get to someone who has VCDS & do a full fault code scan..& then show them that...