When Did the Hot Hatch get so Luke Warm?.

Skodaboy1983

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

It's a shame Ford are contemplating shelving the Mondeo rather than fitting the 2.3 Ecoboost to it and producing an ST version.  Still one of the best cars to drive despite it being slightly worse than the previous two versions.  Anyway, the Mondeo is a different class of car, I've digressed....

I suppose now Ford has the mustang in the UK LHD there isn't all that much need for a fast Mondeo since it would almost certainly be treading on its toes.

I'd agree that the Fiesta is probably one of the cars that is closer to being a proper Hot Hatch. Lighter, less powerful, less expensive and probably more fun per £.

• Like 2

Renault could put better brakes and suspension and tart up the Zoe interior and have something like the concept Zoe they showed.

Then they have their Junior Rally cars as it is.

As they are they go around corners at 60-65 mph quite well as it is, so a bit more tyre on the road (less ECO..) and the boy / girl / gran & grandad racers should be shorted 

until Skoda get the e-Citogo out which should be as good as a VW Up GTI at 60-65 mph around corners.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1