Help needed- prospective buyer!

Jay78uk

Hi all, I'd really appreciate your help in helping me decide what specification to order.  After trying the Tiguan and CX-5 I've fallen for the Kodiaq- really love the car and its easy going nature.

I've been working through all the options and am planning to order a 5 seat Edition, 1.4 petrol DSG. I am planning to specify beige leather inside and front and rear parking sensors (seems odd front aren't standard on top model!)

I had hoped to spec the canton sound system but it's not available on 5 seat editions! I'd really appreciate if anyone has had success in ordering this option with a 5 seater.

Also I had hoped to order some kind of boot floor to create a flat load bay but the dealer tells me this option isn't available. Again, has anyone advice on this?

Finally I'd really appreciate advice on which exterior colour goes best with beige inside. I like the look of pictures I've seen of Petrol Blue with a beige interior, but never been a huge fan of blue cars... do other paint colours also work well?

Many thanks

Jay

I can't help with the other parts, but I test drove one in Petrol Blue with beige leather today and it looks great. If you don't have messy young kids! 

Although the dealer said petrol blue is their most popular colour across their suv range, not sure if that makes a difference. 

10 minutes ago, Jay78uk said:

planning to order a 5 seat Edition, 1.4 petrol DSG

A factory order would have to be the new 1.5 Tsi.

An order for a 1.4 Tsi would have to be from pre built stock or a pre registered dealer "demo/manager" car.

You can't add Canton to a 5-seater as you can't order a spare wheel for it. The Canton's subwoofer sits inside the spare wheel.

No spare wheel option = no Canton option...

IMG_1101.thumb.JPG.02c2ca52d99ae845a596df3408a9191f.JPG

Given that Canton and a flat boot floor are high up your priority list, and that a spare wheel should be too, then I'd advise getting the 7-seater.

This allows you to spec the spare wheel, Canton and when the sixth and seven seats are folded down, a flat boot floor.

The 7-seater is £980 more than the 5-seater. The extra seats should also help residuals depending on how you plan to finance and keep the car for, even if you've no intention of using them.

Petrol Blue and the two greys (Business & Quartz) are the three most popular colours for the Kodiaq. To be honest a light interior probably works with all colours except Moon White. But when it comes to interior and exterior colours no one can decide but you.

As has been mentioned, although Skoda's online configurator still lists the old MY18 (Model Year 2018) engines and specs you should be aware any factory orders will be to MY19, which sees revised engines (1.4 TSI 150PS > 1.5 TSI 150PS with Gasoline Particulate Filter). Unfortunately VAG are well behind with their testing needed for the new emissions requirements (WLTP), which all manufacturers have to meet. This means Skoda UK aren't able to release the MY19 specs and prices, and for a large part of the range the order books remain closed. You won't see a petrol factory order delivered this year.

The 2.0 TDI's seem to be coming through with relative speed though (less than 12 weeks*), not sure why this is.

Skoda UK's pre-built stocks are getting thin on the ground now, especially the petrol's, rumour has it that they're drip feeding batches into the county from their storage depot in Emden, Germany, so you may be able to bag one of the very last 1.4 TSI's (this is what I did to avoid the 1.5 TSI) though this isn't confirmed.

Be sure to speak with a SEAT dealer too, the new Tarraco is due for launch in the next month or so, and depending on spec you might even get one before a Kodiaq. The two cars are almost identical.

*source: Skoda Kodiaq UK group on Facebook.

Edited by silver1011

gojoholo, silver1011, robin, jamie, thank you so much for the advice- really appreciated- I now understand why I can't have the canton stereo, and thanks so much for explaining engine availability. I'm hoping to order the car this week once I've secured a good deal and fully satisfied myself I don't need further options! I keep wanting to spec the sunroof but am struggling with the 1300 gbp price tag...

Me too, a sunroof would be nice but it is very expensive. Skoda don't have a great reputation for building sunroofs that don't leak or creak either.

I also just discovered that speccing the sunroof reduces the towing capacity (SportLine), try getting your head around that one!

Capture.thumb.JPG.e7fa92dfadaa37e53fe31205c75f936d.JPG

I must say that with the beige interior I don't feel the need to have a sunroof at all, the cabin is very light and airy feeling without it.  In contrast my Qashqai with pano roof and black seats seems a lot darker!

On 09/09/2018 at 18:15, silver1011 said:

Be sure to speak with a SEAT dealer too, the new Tarraco is due for launch in the next month or so, and depending on spec you might even get one before a Kodiaq. The two cars are almost identical.

Being launched 18th September - looks like a good one. THey are the same cars basically although traditionally you'll have more cosmetic options and a sportier suspension tune

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

The question is, will they have saleable stock ready for the 18th September, or is this the date that the order books open?

No official launch, I would guess first deliveries Q1 2019. Apparently the boot is bigger if that's possible.

I've signed up for email updates on it so can let you know.

Edited by TonyTonic
  • Like 1

Q1 2019 could still be before some of the worst affected WLTP Kodiaq models!

If the SEAT Tarraco has completed it's WLTP testing then it could give them a significant advantage over the VW Tiguan Allspace and the Skoda Kodiaq...

There are some test drives on YouTube albeit with the Zebra camouflage outside and it seems to be VERY similar to both the Kodiaq and the Allspace. Driving wise there seems to be some suggestion that the suspension is stiffer with less body roll in corners. They are suggesting starting prices from 23K which was the old Kodiaq starting price before the S (or SE?) removal

Edited by TonyTonic

On 10/09/2018 at 09:56, Jay78uk said:

gojoholo, silver1011, robin, jamie, thank you so much for the advice- really appreciated- I now understand why I can't have the canton stereo, and thanks so much for explaining engine availability. I'm hoping to order the car this week once I've secured a good deal and fully satisfied myself I don't need further options! I keep wanting to spec the sunroof but am struggling with the 1300 gbp price tag...

By the way, a spare wheel kit is now available for the five seat Kodiaq from any Skoda dealer. It is £250.00

Kodiaq 5 seat spare.JPG