TV Dongle/Antenna Advice

Robjon

Aerial might be the problem . Wideband aerial should cover most of the country , but take up a bit of room.

Then agian how will you find a decent signal without a simple signal strength meter? just thinkng aloud.

• Like 1

Isn't the idea of camping to get away from things like tv? A lot of places where people go camping, e.g. remote, mountains, etc usually have next to no freeview reception. So if you are desperate freesat might be better. Or just download a few films before you go, bbc iplayer supports downloads that you can watch later.

Or just go to the nearest pub

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

XMAN- possibly a bettr idea,as the Sat dish is universal and more robust than a wideband areial. Plentyof 12v satelite boxes on markewt

This site

http://www.satgear.co.uk/satellite-receivers/caravan-12-volt

Have a few ,some with a system for satelite location. Next problem is connection to laptop, unless laptop has HDMI input.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Noovo TvMan. It's a small reciever that conects wifelessly to your device (laptop/tablet/phone). It works pretty well and you can always add a better ariel if you wish. Not sure where you buy them nowadays as i got mine at maplins years ago. There are probably a few similar things on Amazon I guess?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I have a Noovo TvMan. It's a small reciever that conects wifelessly to your device (laptop/tablet/phone). It works pretty well and you can always add a better ariel if you wish. Not sure where you buy them nowadays as i got mine at maplins years ago. There are probably a few similar things on Amazon I guess?

wifeless connection?

Does that mean it gets all the sports channels and blocks the soaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, mac11irl said:

wifeless connection?

Does that mean it gets all the sports channels and blocks the soaps?

I thought about editing that once I saw your post, but.. 

1) It's much funnier to leave it

2) I can't as it's now locked :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1