Door not quite flush

Hi all,

I have noticed the driver side rear door sits slightly proud of the body. I came across this thread for a mk2 but wondered if anyone has had any experience with the mk3?

The car is going into Skoda garage for a different reason so I might ask nicely if they could also align the door for me. Otherwise I may have to look at it myself. 

Thanks. 

The edge of the door should sit very slightly outboard. This stops wind noise. If it's extremely outboard undo the striker plate slightly and tap it in a few mm. That should make the door move in a bit

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alan H said:

The edge of the door should sit very slightly outboard. This stops wind noise. If it's extremely outboard undo the striker plate slightly and tap it in a few mm. That should make the door move in a bit

Thanks I will take a look, I did notice if I push on the door slightly whilst closing it, it does end up being less of a gap. Good to know about the wind noise. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyN said:

Thanks I will take a look, I did notice if I push on the door slightly whilst closing it, it does end up being less of a gap. Good to know about the wind noise. 

It should only sit about 1mm proud of the rear quarter panel. Same goes for the front door to the leading edge of the rear door.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The door issue has seemed to have gotten worse after some use. Approved used pffttt!  :angry:. When closing it doesn’t shut properly and after locking, I can pull on it slightly. It does stay locked but still it is not right and I am not happy.

I do have it booked into Skoda and hoping it can be fixed under the approved used warranty. But since it’s pretty much day off work for me to drop car off, pick up etc. I wondered if I can avoid having to take it in and fix it myself if it’s an easy fix, perhaps something to tighten? Or even take it a local garage if I don't have the right tools. 

Here is a video showing the issue. Thanks. 

Screenshot_20181017-192334__01.thumb.jpg.6c828dc4f9954ee5786e51a31f96ab29.jpgTry loosening the stricker a turn and tap it in a bit only a few mm with your socket end, retighten and try tikl it sits right

Adjustments wont be covered under warranty

Edited by Adrian55555

10 minutes ago, Adrian55555 said:

Screenshot_20181017-192334__01.thumb.jpg.6c828dc4f9954ee5786e51a31f96ab29.jpgTry loosening the stricker a turn and tap it in a bit only a few mm with your socket end, retighten and try tikl it sits right

Adjustments wont be covered under warranty

Thanks seems simple enough to do, I’ll give it a go and hopefully avoid a trip to the garage.