Water in drivers footwell

Toddie

Hi there, My Octavia vRs LE drivers side footwell was soaking wet full of water yesterday, definitely clean water, Soaked up with old towels etc, have left car with a dehumidifier in it. Any body got any ideas where this could be coming from?

i have seen threads on here a long time ago about passenger footwell, but not drivers!

Would be grateful if anyone can suggest what the problem is?  The black plastic scuttle cover by the wipers has vents in, but they appear to be clear?

Try clearing out the drainage channels behind the wheel arch lining. 

Its not a difficult job and only requires the removal of several torx screws. 

Here’s what I found when I did mine. 

Also, check the rubber seal on the bottom of the passenger door as they can become blocked. 

How long is it since you changed the pollen filter? It might be worth changing that too. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e14pu2n064mre2o/2012-08-22%2014.16.06.jpg?dl=0

03742A88-115B-408B-82D9-8B0C5C531EF1.jpeg

Check the carpet to find the highest point which may give a clue as to the source.

I'm thinking it could be a blocked drain on the AC evaporator housing causing frost to melt into the cabin.

This is located in the centre between the two front footwells, the drain outlet to the underside exterior exit being via a rubber hose on the driver's side.