Fabia Rs Fmic issue

chris-H

So had the Forge FMIC fitted for 4 years now , along with hybrid turbo etc etc . No problems, 4 yes trouble free driving except an unrelated timing belt issue .

Last week my aircon emptied itself , closer inspection the bottom alloy intent/outlet pipe from the fmic has slowly chaffed through the condenser rad....

I know warranties are now out of the question but has anyone any experience of this In  their time with a modded fabia ? Bad design, bad install ?? Opinions/ experiences welcome. 

All fitted by a reputable company at the time. Pic attached with fmic top mounting bolts undone looking down to Off side lower 

20180926_120329.jpg

On 26/09/2018 at 16:25, vindaloo said:

What about the FMIC? That's not modelling a good look either.

Hi Vinda! I've had a real good look with torch and inspection mirror at the fmic pipe weld , still looks intact and performance hasn't dropped atall. No extra smoke etc etc . Until it comes off to replace the rad I cannot be 1000 % certain. Im lucky to work at a large aerospace company ,if there's a pin ***** hole it can be filled ....

Techie,  lofty , yes this is a forge . I'm interested what you guys used for insulating/ padding the the two units apart ? I've plenty of options from work , just wish I'd known at the time ...

Thanks for the replies folks