uprated FARB

corndog

Anyone have experience with the whiteline 22mm FARB or similar?

Need to replace my bar anyway and wanting something for fast road use

is it going to negate my whiteline RARB on hardest settings?

Thanks

7 hours ago, corndog said:

Thanks

No, it will compliment it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, corndog said:

Thanks

It's certainly going to do something.

I guess: It'll reduce overall tendency to roll, making the front end a little more response. But at 22mm vs the 20mm standard FARB it WILL change the feel of the car in steady state cornering, dragging the balance forward to some degree.  Best I can guess is it will allow the car to thread through sequences of slightly twisty corners faster, without getting unsettled. The rear end is going to feel less mobile/weighty. Should be a good thing on a road car.

Good news is it is also adjustable so some room for tinkering to get it as you like it.

J.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got this bar installed now. Not driven it but wondering what's going to stop it moving side to side like the earlier model original ones (without flange) There are two extra 'mini bush' things, don't know what they are for.

I couldn't find any instructions online on fitting.

Does anyone know if it's going to knock or if there is something i can do different?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks hahaha

I saw those instructions but didn't really read through as it's mostly about the rear one. short attention span!

It is very nice so far and hasn't knocked yet but not really put it to the test. Turn in does seem a bit snappier and front now seems to roll less and more in line with rear. I have it on the stiffer setting and my whiteline RARB is on stiffest

16 hours ago, corndog said:

Thanks hahaha

I saw those instructions but didn't really read through as it's mostly about the rear one. short attention span!

It is very nice so far and hasn't knocked yet but not really put it to the test. Turn in does seem a bit snappier and front now seems to roll less and more in line with rear. I have it on the stiffer setting and my whiteline RARB is on stiffest

For winter, would recommend going the other way and loosening both off. Go karts spin too easily in slippery conditions and you'd need the reactions of a ninja cat to correct a stiff Fabia on snow/ice.

I found my Fabia hair raising when I last drove it on snow. Never thought about winter tyres much before that. The previous car was a Citroen AX GT. Built of tin-foil but very light, no PAS and felt like the wheels were connected directly to the steering wheel. THAT was very fun driving in the snow. Not fast, but everything the tyres did came back through the steering. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vindaloo said:

For winter, would recommend going the other way and loosening both off. Go karts spin too easily in slippery conditions and you'd need the reactions of a ninja cat to correct a stiff Fabia on snow/ice.

I found my Fabia hair raising when I last drove it on snow. Never thought about winter tyres much before that. The previous car was a Citroen AX GT. Built of tin-foil but very light, no PAS and felt like the wheels were connected directly to the steering wheel. THAT was very fun driving in the snow. Not fast, but everything the tyres did came back through the steering. :)

...but moar = betterer?

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

...but moar = betterer?

Sensation, involvement, feedback, sure.... Changes of underpants, removing trapped seat cloth from the clenched buttocks,  braver trousers, ice, snow,,,,, not so much. :)

• Haha 1