Anti roll bar movement

PD75

Had an intermittent knock from left side front for a good while which is now more of a permanent addition and is now occasionally harmonised with an accompanying knock from right front. As the car has 330,000 km + on her now, I decided to replace links and roll bar bushes again as I'm pretty sure the last time I did this was at least 140,000 km ago. (Shocks, bearings and top mounts have all been replaced in the last 25,000 km or so.)

Car is up on the stands and there is about a 4mm gap between the bush and shoulder on the driver's side and the shoulder appears to be buried in the bush on the passenger side. As the roads here are more like cattle tracks I'm wondering if the wear in the bushes has allowed the bar to 'slide' over or have I bent something forcing it to move? I have the car checked for tracking every year and it hasn't needed adjustment in the last 4 years. It doesn't pull to the side or anything. 

Any body come across this before?