2017 Skoda Fabia Mk3 1.2TSI DSG vs 2018 Citroen C3 1.2 EAT6 auto

GeneralPurpose

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2019 at 18:22, Robjon said:

Pleased to hear you're enjoying your new car @GeneralPurpose; your updates are appreciated. 

There are posts in the Yeti section from owners who are considering Berlingo/Rifter/Combo MPVs to replace their Yetis - especially if the expected petrol auto models become available.   But there are also posts from owners (myself included) who have been burnt by quality & reliability issues of Citroens of the past.  I have never forgiven Citroen for the pile of poo it sold me twenty years ago in the shape of a Berlingo Multispace.  It was easily the worst car I have owned in fifty years of motoring!

But this morning, I parked next to a Rifter (shame about the name) and I liked what I saw.  Not as "loud" as the Berlingo, nor as basic as the Combo - but a definite contender when the time comes to replace my Yeti.  Perhaps by then, your welcome posts will have convinced me that PSA group cars have become worthy of consideration.  Cheers :thumbup:

I've just changed from a Partner to a Superb.

Love the Partner's sliding doors, spare wheel under the car, not under all the luggage, and the carrying capacity (without the suspension bottoming out), but being so stiff in the suspension department it became a pain on our terrible pot holed roads. it drove me mad. 

Before retirement I always ran Berlingo vans, good load carriers, but much better to drive with some weight on board, empty vans were proper bouncers!

• Like 1