Kodiak VRS

Just seen CARWOW quick review of the Kodiak VRS at the Paris MS. Looks lovely , 240 BHP punch , 20 inch rims.

new LCD dash , hopefully LED headlights

Comes out some time 2019 and definitely on my list to Lease.

Any thoughts from the community?

A Kodiaq deserves a vRS badge as much as I deserve the Nobel prize. 

A textbook example of a clever marketing dept.  

I’ve mentioned this before; you can give a 2+ tonne, slab sided SUV a sports badge of sorts but it won’t help it defy the laws of physics. The Porsche Macan is an exception. Even the SQ3/5 are pretty poor IME. 

Same is true of the Sportline Superb but to a lesser extent. 

A Fabia vRS should have been priority IMHO. 

Edited by penguin17

Porsche & Audi are done with diesels and VW will be so the engines need some more use with Skoda & maybe SEAT.

At least the brakes and suspension is getting the bits from the parts bins.

& it is 7 seats of bulk and weight. 

Winter wheels / tyres will not be cheap and as long as Skoda does good deals on those.

At least Skoda / VW will have to first register plenty to not look stupid so Ex Management used cars (demonstrator / media cars) will appear late next year.

Doh,

do motorway overtakes in the UK not just require the vehicle in front to move left and on you go and if over 70 mph you are over the NSL?

Loads will be towing 'Mini Diggers' & Compressors or not.

Edited by Offski

No thanks. 

Done with this brand. Great car for space and equipment but the competition offer the same for skoda's higher end products. 

For what I'm paying now for what I mistook as skoda's luxury flagship vehicle is not worth the price. So for a kodiak I would not even consider. 

Range rover velar lease for me and my family next. 

7 seater lap record holder round the nurburgring. Ideal for the school race, I mean run. Seriously why do companies continue to try and set new records round the ring, they are about as relevant to the real world as their claimed MPG figures. 

• Like 1

It would have meant something to break the record with 7 fat barstewards from VW in the Kodiaq.

The quoted 0-62 mph in the Video time in not with your family and friends or nearest and dearest in it on a damp / cold / icy road or even a dry one, 

no matter how many Nm Torque it has.

Actually he might go test one. Empty and full and without Launch Control just off from a greasy junction.

As for Potholes, it will love those.  Those nice big wheels and plenty rubber.

Around Glasgow there will be ones with Bullet Proof Glass and Bullet Proof Tyres, or maybe not as even Chavs have better taste.

Edited by Offski

1 hour ago, Greezy56 said:

Velar is lovely but lease cost over 10k over 3 yrs £400 plus.  £400 is my magic top mthly cost

If your getting much cheaper , tell me

I'm not jumping yet. I still have a while with my rattle and rust wagon but I'm a low mileage user so I will lease at roughly 5k to 8k miles over 3/4 years. 

It may cost a little more than my current superb per month but having a couple of skoda's now I'm working harder to better myself.... Lol

Brexit likely to destroy 30 million jobs, no food, no electricity, civil disorder , mass murder and total European war.

Might need to put that car change off for longer and invest in a 12 gauge

BREXIT IS THE NEW MILLENIUM BUG. Panic buying coming to a street near you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The First Kodiaq vRS anyplace will have toe rags out to steal it just to see if they are any good.

They will just be a PITA to own or lease or even take home from your work in a dealership.

A S3 / RS3 or AMG A45 will be less of a target.   Looking forward to seeing how the Insurance Underwriters have them by next summer.

Edited by Offski

It came from overseas in desert areas. 

VW called another fat car after them and then tried to have people think of the Paris -Dakar & a Space Framed Race Car.

(Good towing capacity though with showroom models.)

But google will tell you about criminals and ne'er do wells.  Or as we know them Gadgies or Neds,

Edited by Offski