Raised Boot Floor for 1.5 SE L

GeoffH

I have just ordered a 1.5 SE L Karoq but there’s no option for a raised boot floor. There is the option if I’d ordered an SE which seems strange. If I can get the boot floor nearly up to the rear bumper height it would make loading so much easier. 

i wonder if anyone has retrofitted one? I haven’t gone for a spare wheel. 

Hi Geoff,we ordered ours with full size spare wheel ,so raised floor comes as standard , definitely makes it easier for loading as you suggested.

This is an interesting topic for me as I am looking at the various spare tyre/rear seating combinations to buy a fitted boot mat - and discovering that they are not what I expected.  Looking at the current specification booklet (September 2018), variable boot floor is not available with Varioflex seating which rules out the SEL.  Likewise, the full size spare wheel option is only available on the SE (and not the SE Nav which also has fixed seating) and then not with 1.6tdi engine.  The space saver tyre is about 90mm narrower than the full size so the boot floor is approx. 90mm lower.  I was told that the boot floor in an SEL is the same height irrespective of whether you specify the space saver spare wheel or not.  This may be to make production easier as the boot floor is longer front to back with Varioflex seating compared with fixed.

I cannot understand why the raised boot floor isn’t available with the Varioflex seats as I had it as an option on my Yeti Elegance which had the aforementioned seats.

The sales manager is speaking with his parts department to see if the parts are available but even if they are I think it will be ££s more than having it as an option. 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:46, GeoffH said:

I cannot understand why the raised boot floor isn’t available with the Varioflex seats as I had it as an option on my Yeti Elegance which had the aforementioned seats.

The sales manager is speaking with his parts department to see if the parts are available but even if they are I think it will be ££s more than having it as an option. 

I suspect the hand of the accountants in this.  It would increase the number of different parts and therefore costs.  If it was a feature which didn't sell well on other models, they may have decided to drop it.  It would also not work well with the seats moved forward or the backs not in the fully back position but that was almost certainly true for your Yeti well.

It would be interesting to know if your dealer can get the parts to make it work.