Superskoda.com - how to pay anyone?

GKodi

Hello Karoq and Skoda owners/drivers in general!

I'm trying to order from superskoda.com. I do not want to pay using PayPal, so am trying to bank-transfer the funds across.

They've sent me some of their bank details (via email), however, when attempting to enter their A/C number and Swift Code into my online bank paying facility, there are too many digits/letters, unrecognised A/C number etc.

Has anyone here successfully ordered and paid them for parts via regular online bank-transfer and, if so, how did you manage it?

I called them and the bloke there spoke very little English and kept saying that they successfully receive payment - via bank transfer - from customers all over the world, and when I tried to explain what was happening for me, I think he was losing the will to live :crying:

No big deal, but curious if other Skoda people have had similar issues. 

Thanks all!

:thumbup:

Good suggestion Agerbundsen - however, the string of numbers and letters which make up superskoda's bank details are *way* to long, so I'm thinking it's a difference between banks in the EU and UK :thinking:

Sounds like they may have provided you with their International Bank Account Number (IBAN) number as they accept international payments.

I think the sort code is the 6 digits after the 4 alphas for the bank code and the last 8 digits is the account number.

Edited by RichardPB

If its due to you not trusting PayPal, you could always purchase a pre paid debit card and use that. If PayPal is compromised, they only have your prepaid details, not your bank account. And as far as I've been told, you still get all the PayPal protection benefits. 

I got a £125 prepaid PureCard when I swapped over to BT TV and used that to make some potentially dodgy purchases - I bought some baseball items from mlbshop.com, and the invoices and emails came back in broken English and Chinese. 

Got all my items, but I wouldn't use them again. 

I use PayPal but always with my credit card from my bank. I too am very cautious regarding money but have every confidence in the system I use. No system is ever foolproof you can only take what ever steps you feel are necessary. 

Thanks one and all for your responses and comments regarding the superskoda thing - very grateful and, after all, that's what this forum's for :)

So as to not rock any confidentiality boats, the following numbers and letters have been changed, but this is how long their IBAN number is: KG712600010006930527 - I think you'll agree, it's pretty darn long!

And this (again, changed) is their (alleged) Swift Code: AHPWDB59XXX (it really does end in "XXX"!).

I agree, therefore, that they ideally seem to want to be paid via PayPal and not have to hassle their way through a bank transfer - and I don't blame them.

However, in answer to Fin69, Silver1011 and Danny57's notes/questions (thanks!), I do have and use PayPal, but strictly for business transactions - and I don't really want to set up a "personal" PayPal account to purchase two emblems and some letters.

Sigh.

Very grateful for all the input.

Will let you know if I find a work-around :nod:

27 minutes ago, GKodi said:

So as to not rock any confidentiality boats, the following numbers and letters have been changed, but this is how long their IBAN number is: KG712600010006930527 - I think you'll agree, it's pretty darn long!

And this (again, changed) is their (alleged) Swift Code: AHPWDB59XXX (it really does end in "XXX"!).

Actually that number is too short for an IBAN number, I live in the Euro zone and for bank transfers within my country (France) we use a 23 digit RIB (relève d'identité bancaire)  number or for foreign transfers a 27 digit IBAN number, if I were giving you my bank details to credit me money, knowing that you were in a different EU country it would be the 27 digit IBAN number.

There are sites on the web that will translate RIBs IBANs and BICs, they all carry similar data in different formats.

FWIW I think the IBAN that you have is missing the last 4 digits of the account number and the 3 digit security key.

You're probably right on all counts J.R.!

It's more trouble than it's worth in some respects.

Contemplating other methods via PayPal as there seems to be no other way.

Cheers :thumbup: