Specific VRS noise v tyres question

Hi all, I know that this has been done to death but a very specific question on it .  I previously had a 2009 VRS which on first getting it was appallingly noisy on the motorway. I then changed the cheap Falken tyres to Goodyear Eagle F1s, and the noise literally disappeared, and it became a very quiet and refined car when cruising . I've just picked up a new VRS DSG 230 estate, and I managed to get the dealer to put on Bridgestone Weather Control all weather tyres .   I couldn't get them to throw in Michelin Climate Control without paying for them. Now it's not the end of the world but the BStones are noisy!  Constant drone coming from the front wheels . I can't believe that this car in general is less refined than my 2009 car, so it must be the tyres . My question is has any tried the Michelin Cross Climates ? they're supposed to be very quiet but I don't want to spend £600 and then no better.  My other option is just to use the BStones for the 6 mths of dark and wet we get up here in Glasgow , and then switch to quieter summer tyres .  Ideally though i'd like to run one set of tyres all year.  I know that the new VRS is a great car, but just a wee bit scunnered that at the moment feels a step back in refinement from my old car . Cheers 

• Like 1

Lots of posts on Michelin CrossClimate in the Tyre Section.

How about the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G-2 ?

?

Have you tried different tyre pressures on the tyres on the car,

& what were they at when you collected the car?

Maybe stick with the Bridgestone's seeing as Winter starts tomorrow ans see how they behave.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Had CC's on a couple of cars and they are quiet. About to try some Goodyear Vector 4 seasons Gen2's which have the same db rating.

But in my experience the Mk2 is quieter than the Mk3 at speed.

• Like 1