Paranoid !

JKW

As per the title, I became paranoid at leaving the 12v socket plug connected when leaving the car - with dashcam, radar detector and speed detection device all connected via the 12v socket I was wary of flattening the car battery if I forgot to unplug from the "live" socket. On occasion I had neglected to plug it in too, leaving myself wide open to having no evidence on camera or at risk of a speeding fine !

With a flash of brilliance (!??!) I searched Amazon for a switchable 12v extension cable / socket - now installed (cost £7.40p) and all devices connected, I find the small red light on the switch near the DSG knob easily visible which reminds me to turn it off ! The plug remains in situ, the cables & multi socket are neatly contained in the small net on the passenger side footwell, with just one cable (concealed almost 90%) leading to the centre console to provide the power when switched on.  Hard wiring wasn't an option as I'm on a PCH, so this I feel is the next best solution and one I'm more than happy with - paranoia removed for £7.40p !

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JKW said:

Hard wiring wasn't an option as I'm on a PCH, so this I feel is the next best solution and one I'm more than happy with - paranoia removed for £7.40p !

I'm on PCH and have hardwired my dashcam  by piggybacking the rear wiper fuse. Easy to remove when the car goes back, did the same with my previous Octavia

• Like 1