Wheel bearings

Booky

Hi all

would appreciate some advice on lifespan of wheel bearings on my Skoda Octavia Scout, year of manufacturing (November 2015 ) car is used as a taxi so mileage is at 78,000 but seems one of the rear wheel bearings have gone and I would like to know, has this bearing gone too soon or is this just down to wear and tear.

Also coming up to 80,000 mile service so what does this entail and should I be replacing any parts because of the mileage covered as a Taxi .

Any advice would be gratefully.

• 9 months later...

Hi folks 

can anyone help me with a problem that I’m having with my November 2015 skoda Octavia Scout 

previously I asked the question about wheel bearing problems, while my car was still under warranty I had a whining noise coming from the rear wheel section and took my car to the dealers I bought it from, this whining noise increases with the speed of my car the dealer apparently checked the car and told me there is no problem but almost a year on this noise is still here some people have told me it sounds like a bearing,some people say the noise is coming from the differential because the car is 4 wheel drive and I’ve been told it could be a problem with the axle I just don’t know so if anyone out there has had the same  issue or any suggestions I’m open to all possibilities.

thanks

Could be tyre noise - sometimes they can wear like a "saw-tooth" and it causes a wheel bearing type droning noise.

You could try swapping the wheels front to rear.

Does the noise change while cornering?