Citigo extended delivery time

Fitz323

So I ordered 2 Citigo Monte Carlo's back in July and I have just been notified by the dealer that 1 of the 2 cars is in the country; however, the other 1 got pulled sometime between the factory and delivery to Emden for a quality check! Never heard of this before and they stated it could take at least another 4 weeks for the car to get here!

Anyone ever heard of this happening before and if so, what exactly does this quality check consist of?

Thanks in advance

fitz

1 hour ago, Fitz323 said:

Anyone ever heard of this happening before and if so, what exactly does this quality check consist of?

Probably straightening out the door and replacing crumpled wing and smashed bumper.

Oops! Sh!t happens.....

It probably happened in this country btw .....fibbers....or maybe they sold it to another customer who is paying more or more important than you.

Factory quality checks happen continually during build and any rework is completed in minutes, hours at the very most. It will be interesting to check the build date stuck on the front window at delivery.....

Edited by xman

39 minutes ago, xman said:

Probably straightening out the door and replacing crumpled wing and smashed bumper.

Oops! Sh!t happens.....

It probably happened in this country btw .....fibbers....or maybe they sold it to another customer who is paying more or more important than you.

Factory quality checks happen continually during build and any rework is completed in minutes, hours at the very most. It will be interesting to check the build date stuck on the front window at delivery.....

The build date is exactly the same as my other Citigo I ordered which is on it's way to the dealer - I suspected it may have been involved in some sort of mishap. I just called Skoda UK who are going to do some digging. I doubt i'll be notified if it has been pranged but you never know.

If they do admit something has happened to it, what recourse do I have for that???

I'm not talking about the quoted build week, but the production sticker on the window when I arrives at the dealer. That has the exact date and time it came off the production line with a full list of PR codes Vin etc. Dealer will remove this.

4 weeks suggest a new car is being built to replace what ever happened to yours, it may have been allocated to someone else. Or it's in the UK having transit damage fixed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitz323 said:

The build date is exactly the same as my other Citigo I ordered which is on it's way to the dealer - I suspected it may have been involved in some sort of mishap. I just called Skoda UK who are going to do some digging. I doubt i'll be notified if it has been pranged but you never know.

If they do admit something has happened to it, what recourse do I have for that???

If you ordered two cars and they are on one order this could get interesting legally

If the dealer only delivers part of an order (ie cannot fulfil the whole order) you could reject both, you could also argue for a further discount on the first part or even refuse to accept order until both are available.

Regarding any repaired transit damage (if that is what it is), take your magnifying glass and inspect closely.   The Consumers sale of goods legislation basically allows the seller one repair to be attempted, if the repair is poor, can reject the car.   You would also have good grounds to demand a paint defect indemnity, or negociate some sort of discount or other compensation offering (eg a free 5 year warranty and free service).   Obviously value depends on what has actually happened and length of delay.

• Like 1

Having just got off the phone to Skoda Uk they have said that, as mentioned above, the car gets various quality checks throughout its build, then a final one before leaving the factory. A further general inspection gets done at Emden to ensure no damage etc. during transport. For reasons not really cleared up, some cars get chosen at random for a larger quality check which obviously takes longer - Skoda Uk could not tell me what the actual delay would be unfortunately.

So, guess I just have to suck it up and assume nothing dodgy has happened to the car.

Yeah....random check at Emden.....ok......4 weeks to check a car....uha...

Just accept they won't tell you the true story....take your magnifying glass with you when you finally pick it up. Remember to look at panels off angle when paint defects and repairs are easier to detect. Don't forget to look under the car. Ask if it can go on a ramp for you to check.

So maybe the UK Government did what they got 1.1 Million quid from VW Group to do, check VW Group Vehicles coming in after the VW Emissions Scandal.

But that was 2016 and 2017.

VW said they were not paying the cost of checking other manufacturers vehicles.  So maybe VW are getting a bt of special attention

now post September 2018.

Now maybe VW Group having their WLTP Approved Vehicles checked in the UK at UK test facilities. 

WLTP / RDE figures to match those that the cars have received the Certification for.

Running on UK Unleaded 95 ron fuel and Engine OIl that the cars are delivered from the factory with.

Fines for emissions cheats but new cars still over NOX limits - The Transport Network.mhtml

For VW Groups sake the Test Results at Facilities of their choice will need to be able to be reproduced as the cars arrive in other countries.

The UK might be more careful in checking than others as it gets ready to leave the EU, nit Europe though.

Edited by Offski

Skoda UK will be able to tell you as they are the cars importer, and currently own the car.

So the Call Handler or Communications Manager might not be able or allowed to say, but ask in Writing.

Ask a Resolutions Manager or some other executive on Rod McLeod the Skoda UK CEO's team.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

They can be truthful or lie, but lying might get them in trouble, so be sure your reply is in writing.

PS.

The car will be set for 'Transit' and reset when at the Dealership.

I would be asking the miles on the car before changed from the 'Transit' setting before collecting the car.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Offski said:

Skoda UK will be able to tell you as they are the cars importer, and currently own the car.

So the Call Handler or Communications Manager might not be able or allowed to say, but ask in Writing.

Ask a Resolutions Manager or some other executive on Rod McLeod the Skoda UK CEO's team.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

They can be truthful or lie, but lying might get them in trouble, so be sure your reply is in writing.

PS.

The car will be set for 'Transit' and reset when at the Dealership.

I would be asking the miles on the car before changed from the 'Transit' setting before collecting the car.

I've just sent them an email via their Contact Us webpage asking for the complete details of the testing, whereabouts of the car and an actual delivery date - The call handler earlier on said that this kinda thing goes on in the background and the customer usually doesn't even know about it - It's just been highlighted as I ordered 2 cars at the same time and one is in the UK and the other is who knows where with an unspecified delivery date. 

Out of curiosity, why would I ask for the miles of the car prior to transit mode being deactivated?

Because you might want to know if it is on and off transporters and ships and had normal minimum distance under the tyres,  just at a test facility and being inspected,  maybe on a rolling road,  or is it covering miles.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1