Problems with electric seat.

I've gotten an annoying problem with my electric seat... When I opened the door this morning I noticed that the drivers seat was not positioned as I left it. And when I tried changing it it just override my manual settings. And when driving home this evening it occasionally started moving by itself. It felt like it was trying to access a set program. 

I scanned for fault codes and got this: 

Mechanical error on program button two and three. 

Is it possible to clean the buttons by removing them?

Screenshot_20181113-204938.jpg

The top button strip (SET,1,2,3) pulls out and has a wire connector just long enough!

The button assembly can be disassembled down to the bare board and rubber contact pads, clean well in warm soapy water.

That's if you spilled a drink or similar, the adjustment controls will be a similar idea, just that you'll need to delve further.

43 minutes ago, MicMac said:

The top button strip (SET,1,2,3) pulls out and has a wire connector just long enough!

The button assembly can be disassembled down to the bare board and rubber contact pads, clean well in warm soapy water.

That's if you spilled a drink or similar, the adjustment controls will be a similar idea, just that you'll need to delve further.

I only had fault codes on the memory buttons. And they came all of the sudden.. So ill try to give it a clean! 

Another thing I have noted is at the end adjustments it feels like the seat pulls more on one side, just a little. Feels like a nut is loose? I don't know how it's build but that's my first thought. 

If the contact tracks on the PCB don't clean up well and there are breaks in the tracks, you could try silver conductive paint to bridge the damaged areas, it's the stuff used to make repairs to PCBs and other things such as rear window demist elements.

If the damaged area is not on the actual contact fingers you could also try a solder bridge with fine wire.

If all else fails you could buy a replacement although I'm not sure they are available as single components, you'll probably need to buy the whole module, there's always the scrappy as an option.

I believe this is the part number:

1Z0 959 769 A

Cheapest I could find is a tenner from China on eBay.

I did try to provide a link but it didn't work.

Edited by MicMac

7 hours ago, MicMac said:

I believe this is the part number:

1Z0 959 769 A

Cheapest I could find is a tenner from China on eBay.

I did try to provide a link but it didn't work.

That's the number! Sweden has introduced alot of stuff when buying from China.. it's not as cheap as it used to be anymore :wondering:

The seat had moved during the night again... With the buttons still unattached I:p Maybe a reset could solve things?

Edited by andreasw

Perhaps the contamination has gone deeper into the seat movement buttons, further disassembly required.

A common culprit would be snow not removed from around the top of the driver's door, as the door is opened the snow falls directly onto the control module and melts finding its way inside.