Oil Leak Fabia vRS

Eric01978

I've noticed oil inside my EGR when the boost pipes removed, also noticed quite a lot of oil on my drive shaft and lower boost pipes. I'm running the elephant mod so i thought there shouldn't be much, if any oil in the intercooler pipes and EGR.

The car seems to boost fine, haven't noticed any boost leaks, but the pipes do come loose from time to time.

Would replacing the boost pipes with silicone hoses and doing a EGR delete solve this problem? 

My cars lowered by about 80mm but I cant see that the drive shaft has rubbed through a pipe 

6 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Possibly, depends if thats where the oil is coming from rather than turbo, cam cover or oil filler seal.

Definitely isn't the filler cap or the cam cover. i'll get the car on the ramp and check the turbo

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

You'll always get oil from the turbo in the pipework because oil pressure is so much higher than boost pressure and once the seals start to weep the only way to stop them is to rebuild the turbo.

So do you think the seals are on the way out? is there a definite way of checking? i don't get any blue smoking coming out the exhaust, and on start up its usually black smoke. I was thinking maybe its just leaking from the pipes and that the turbo seals are fine?

17 minutes ago, Eric01978 said:

So do you think the seals are on the way out? is there a definite way of checking? i don't get any blue smoking coming out the exhaust, and on start up its usually black smoke. I was thinking maybe its just leaking from the pipes and that the turbo seals are fine?

How much oil are you using?

40 minutes ago, Eric01978 said:

The oil collects in the lowest part of the system, it doesn't make it through to the engine to be burnt. All turbo seals leak unless the turbo is nearly new, they just leak a lot more obviously at higher mileages.

You can remove a boost pipe at the lowest point and see how much oil runs out of it. Undoubtedly your EGR system and intake will also need cleaning out since you haven't been running the elephant mod since the car was new.

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

The oil collects in the lowest part of the system, it doesn't make it through to the engine to be burnt. All turbo seals leak unless the turbo is nearly new, they just leak a lot more obviously at higher mileages.

You can remove a boost pipe at the lowest point and see how much oil runs out of it. Undoubtedly your EGR system and intake will also need cleaning out since you haven't been running the elephant mod since the car was new.

Yeah i'll take everything off and clean everything, getting a FMIC soon so all the standard pipes will be gone, hopefully then i wont have to worry about any leaks