Apple play advice please

You could pick up a cheap Android phone and use the standalone app while mounted. I suppose it depends how heavily you're tied into the Apple ecosystem and whether you need/want it for messages/phone calls, or just for navigation and music streaming? 

1 hour ago, dogdiego said:

You could pick up a cheap Android phone and use the standalone app while mounted. I suppose it depends how heavily you're tied into the Apple ecosystem and whether you need/want it for messages/phone calls, or just for navigation and music streaming? 

I did exactly this for our car - using my wife's old phone with a family plan sim inside it (shares the same data pool as my own phone so I don't have to tether my phone when I get in the car) so that we can just turn on the car and away we go with maps + playlists.

11 hours ago, Luke_H said:

I did exactly this for our car - using my wife's old phone with a family plan sim inside it (shares the same data pool as my own phone so I don't have to tether my phone when I get in the car) so that we can just turn on the car and away we go with maps + playlists.

you can tether your phone via an app called AA gateway which turns your slave phone (permanently connected) wireless conduit for your master phone to connect to the head unit via mirrorlink. wireless android auto