Removing front bumper 2007 octavia

I want to remove my front bumper, trying to remove some auxiliary lights that's located under under the license plate. 

I can only find pictures of where all the bolts go but it's hard to locate on the actual car. I found a guide for a MK1 octy, but I think mines alot different.. 

Is there any available guide for a MK2 2007 Octavia hatchback? Thanks!

Theres only i think 3 tork on top under grille, maybe couple under headlight, one on each corner under the dirt shield round front wheel, and 3 or 4 under neath, from what i can remeber, there aint alot holding them on

38 minutes ago, NinjaVRS said:

Theres only i think 3 tork on top under grille, maybe couple under headlight, one on each corner under the dirt shield round front wheel, and 3 or 4 under neath, from what i can remeber, there aint alot holding them on

Okay, I've removed all on the bottom and two in the wheel housing, and also both headlights. So I'm almost done then by the sounds of it ;)

I think the 2007 is pretty similar to my (2005) MK2.  Altough mine is a LHD I think the bumper is no different than an UK RHD car

I had to remove the front bumper while replacing my AC condenser. While doing so, I made a write-up of this process: https://www.skodaforum.nl/forum/i/o2-airco-condensor-vervangen.33273

Most important parts for you: 

- Bumper is held by 3 screws on each side from the wheel side. You have to remove the wheel (well, no have to, but I recommend it so you have some space to work). There are 3 screws on each side: 2 holding the bumper sideways and 1 screw is located directing upwards.  Those screws can be a PITA since mine were full of dirt/rust. 2 screws are pretty self-explaining, the third one is actually 'at the end piece' of the bumper, pointing upwards. 

- There are screws on the bottom

- There are a few on the top, also behind the headlights. So remove the headlights first (and the fog lights if you have them).

Attached an image of my car with the 3 screw locations (Not exactly, can't remember them exact, but this is roughly the place. As you see, 1 screw is directed upwards)

The yellow arrows are the location below the headlights. The greens are the other screws.

screws.jpg

Edited by DJSmiley
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the picture! Looks like it's the same. I solved my problem without removing the front though :) That picture should be stickied!

Edited by andreasw