Rattling from B-Pillar, what else could I try?

mbgar

Hello all,

unfortunately my Superb Estate MJ2012 (german car) suffers from some rattling somewhere at the B-Pillar on the right side.

It is mostly quiet, even when accelerating or decelerating, but I hear it quite often when driving over some bumps. I think it comes from the right B-Pillar (left wheel car), or the panoramic roof.

Altough I am not all too certain where it comes from, it is sort of at heads height at the door, I cannot locate it directly.

I already greased the rubber from the sunroof, I already greased the door hinges and locks with white sprayoil, I greased the panoramic roof hinges with white spray oil.

I already disassembled the B-Pillar Cover partly (because it is a pain to uncover) and put some plastic-foam between the blower fanduct and the outside.

But still there is some rattle. I know this is a known problem, does anybody have some suggestions where else to look?

Thank you.

I did a bit more greasing of the 4 hinges of the panoramic roof and in front:

right at the rounded corners there are two ... metal things perhaps they are receptables for the roof. I greased these with white lithium spray too.

The rattle appears to be gone or at least much less noticeable, but I am not sure why and how.

• Like 1